Options

For all of those who are on the CCIE-SP track and waiting for materials from INE...

2»

Comments

• Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    I somehow doubt that INE or Narbik are going to teach with a massive topology. I know Narbiks philosophy for R&S was that if he can focus on teaching you the technology extremely well, then it doesn't matter how large the topology is. While it might be good in practice on your own to have a huge topology, most training videos, boot camps, etc I've watched try to focus only on a couple devices during a session. Even in Nick's book, he focuses on a few devices at a time.

Not sure what you're looking to get out of a boot camp. I know you were in the INE boot camp with my buddy Jay and he said it wasnt great either which sucks... But at this point, you've been studying for a couple years now and for the stuff that wasn't covered in Nick's book, INEs boot camps and videos, Narbiks Workbook, isn't there other docs you could be reading (RFCs, white papers, design guides, config guides, etc)? I'm in the same boat where I'm studying for a track there is almost no material on from the usual vendors but I'm not going to let that delay me or keep me from taking the lab. I would recommend the same or you might grow old and grey waiting for a single vendor to come along that hits EVERY part of the blueprint, has perfect workbooks, etc.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    P.s. you might want to ask lrb for advice and materials. That guy sees the world in labels. Passed the SPv4 lab when it was brand new and on the first go. We have a joke in our study community that the only competitor that lrb's wife has is his love of labels
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • Options
    sea_turtlesea_turtle Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I somehow doubt that INE or Narbik are going to teach with a massive topology. I know Narbiks philosophy for R&S was that if he can focus on teaching you the technology extremely well, then it doesn't matter how large the topology is. While it might be good in practice on your own to have a huge topology, most training videos, boot camps, etc I've watched try to focus only on a couple devices during a session. Even in Nick's book, he focuses on a few devices at a time.

Not sure what you're looking to get out of a boot camp. I know you were in the INE boot camp with my buddy Jay and he said it wasnt great either which sucks... But at this point, you've been studying for a couple years now and for the stuff that wasn't covered in Nick's book, INEs boot camps and videos, Narbiks Workbook, isn't there other docs you could be reading (RFCs, white papers, design guides, config guides, etc)? I'm in the same boat where I'm studying for a track there is almost no material on from the usual vendors but I'm not going to let that delay me or keep me from taking the lab. I would recommend the same or you might grow old and grey waiting for a single vendor to come along that hits EVERY part of the blueprint, has perfect workbooks, etc.

first hey there, long time no talk. which track are you working on now?

i think you may have me confused though as i have not taken any bootcamps along my R&S/SP campaigns. SP has been a real thorn in my side since about april 2015 when i had a chance at SPv3 and i should have pushed harder to at least attempt it then.

as of now i am just more bitter about the damn money i have spent on the INE materials/tokens purchases which have not been delivered (also if you look at Brian's labs he recently released are >20 nodes and not into their rack rental system making my tokens worthless icon_sad.gif ). for now ill have to continue to keep INE's feet under the fire as just a matter of principle, even if i pass this june.

either way the money has been ponied up for a june lab attempt, material or not from INE (which makes me nervous as its out of pocket). For now though i have some tasks/labs from INE, Nicks book and a few other new resources (MPLS in the SDN era) to hopefully help along the way. i also plan on using lrb's idea of just building an SP network and tinkering with it to in lieu of full scale labs.
  • Options
    Oh I must have misread the reddit post. I thought you mentioned talking to him in the boot camp in October or something and one of my friends was in that boot camp.

I feel you on the money thing. I would be PISSED if I went for the CCIE DCv2 instead of v1 and was still waiting for ACi racks from INE...

Working on the brand spanking new CCIE Security v5 myself. Z2H Security was the closest I got to up-to-date materials but as I said in my review, nothing 100% prepares you. I'm working my way thru config guides and books as I lab. I'll probably end up overstudying topics than dont end up being on there or something but whatever... It is what it is. I don't think INE has even announced intention of updating their racks for it
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • Options
    Narbik KochariansNarbik Kocharians Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sea_turtle,

3. while i do have a VIRL server at home that i use today for study, will your labs be built so that i will get a virl topo file and it will work with the 20 nodes or less version? not to mention the fact that the max i can run at the moment is 10 csr1000v and 4 xrv images. have these things been considered?

If we use VIRL, yes you will get the initial config files for VIRL and it will be 20 nodes or less.

4. maybe, but your other class also shows a similar outline, same with INE's. my feeling here is that both you and Brian did not look at the full blueprint when you setup your bootcamp outlines. for all bootcamps yes QoS needs to be added as once you move past Diffserv tunneling into DS-TE you enter into something that most have never seen in a production SP network.
    5. many of us paid for the INE SP materials (most of us are repeat customers) in the 2015 time frame and have been waiting for delivery of completed materials for almost 2 years now. that is what is meant by an interest free loan.

The other class is for the "Foundation" and it is not called "CCIE SP 4.x". The class that you keep referring to is called “Zero-To-Hero for SP”, which covers about 95+ percent of the blueprint. I don't know what INE does, but trust me before we design a class we DO read the blueprint, if you don't read the blueprint then how would you design a class? Please give us a little more credit and please don’t compare us to the other vendors. So our Foundation class is identical to INE's CCIE class?
    Our web guy screwed up the name. We also added the QoS because I promised that we’ll be covering that.

WOW, sorry about your experience with INE my friend, have you talked to them?

Thank you
  • Options
    davidb1davidb1 Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm taking Narbik class this Oct. My lovely Jeep of 10 years **** the bed, which means I have to pay 4k for a new (used) engine. However, I'm going to save my ass off these next few months to come up with the money. I'm looking forward to attending his class in Glenndale. For now, I'm reading over his CCIE V4 (I know it's old) workbook and making note-cards. There's a new CCIE book coming out in May, I may take a crack at that also, but I still gotta read the Cisco Press vol 1 and 2. I looked at his BC and INE's, I believe his BC will get me my numbers. I wished Micronics offer military discounts for class or accept the G.I Bill. Oh well, you can't win them all
  • Options
    Davidb1,

Have you signed up? Can you please send me an e-mail? narbikk@gmail.com. I have a special feeling for military, and police force, and always will.
  • Options
    davidb1davidb1 Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Mr. Kocharians

I replied to the e-mail you supplied. We have talk before via text
  • Options