Options

Starting the WGU - MS: CSIA (start date Marcht 2017)

2»

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I would not take it prior to enrollment unless you need it to satisfy the prerequisites like I did, OR your employer will pay for it. They're expensive exams.
  • Options
    mgeoffriaumgeoffriau Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Study for it ahead of time, and then you'll be ready to take it once you enroll.
    CISSP || A+ || Network+ || Security+ || Project+ || Linux+ || Healthcare IT Technician || ITIL Foundation v3 || CEH || CHFI
    M.S. Cybersecurity and Information Assurance, WGU
  • Options
    ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
    mgeoffriau wrote: »
    Study for it ahead of time, and then you'll be ready to take it once you enroll.

Yeah, that's a great idea then. Thanks all for the information as that definitely helps going forward!
  • Options
    TLeTourneauTLeTourneau Member Posts: 616 ■■■■■■■■□□
    C701 - Ethical Hacking (EC Council - Certified Ethical Hacker) is done, now on to C702 - Forensics and Network Intrusion (EC Council - Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator).
    Thanks, Tom

M.S. - Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
    B.S: IT - Network Design & Management
  • Options
    roxerroxer Member Posts: 130 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for posting your progression and thoughts. I will finish my BS in June and want to pursue an MBA.ITM from them. Conflicted with that and the MS.CSIA since I am trying to move into the CISO/CSO space.
  • Options
    And C702 - Forensics and Network Intrusion (EC-Council Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator) is done. I have a month left in the term and I think I'm just going to take it easy until next term.
    Thanks, Tom

• Options
    The new term started on September 1 and I finished C706 on the 11th. I would have had it done a bit sooner but my mentor was out for a bit so there was a slight delay, now on to Disaster Recover and the Capstone.

I received an email from HR that I have hit my reimbursement limit for the year so my plan is to submit and complete all but one requirement for each course prior to the new year and have the final required items for each course ready to submit on January 1. Doing so will put the course completion into the next year and allow for reimbursement.
    Thanks, Tom

• Options
    PerrybluntPerryblunt Registered Users Posts: 7 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Seeking some help with  C700 TFT2. Not quite sure what it is asking in the first three questions are how to approach it. @MrsWilliams
    @NotHackingYou

• Options
    NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Which task are you on? If I remember right, there was a 'steps to success' document that helped guide me.
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Options
    PerrybluntPerryblunt Registered Users Posts: 7 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The one with company A and B, where they gives you a risk assessment analysis of company A and ask to run  Openvas and Openvas on company B
  • Options
    Well, I've been away for a while but I just submitted the last task for my capstone this morning. Hopefully it's approved on the first submission! It's been a long road, taking a year longer than normal due to life getting in the way but the end is in sight. My term ends Feb 29 but I got a 30 day extension just in case, hopefully I won't need it! :smiley:
    Thanks, Tom

• Options
    My final task of my final course is done and I have completed the Master of Science, Cybersecurity and Information Assurance. I have applied to graduate, it's been a long time coming and I am glad to be finished!
    Thanks, Tom