DoD or OSI?

sleemiesleemie Member Posts: 109
my dummies book told me don't worry about the DoD model for the test, but my sybex book teaches where each protocol functions based on the DoD layers, not the OSI layers. for host to host and internet it's all the same because they correspond directly to one layer in the OSI, but the DoD combines the data link and physical layers to form the Network Access level and if you memorize all of the data link and physical protocols as being all in the same level (Network Access) and don't differentiate them between the data link and physical you'll be in trouble if the test asks for it based on OSI instead of DoD.

to make a short question long...will the questions on the test ask you to know this stuff by the DoD or OSI model?

Comments

• twiggy87twiggy87 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The ccna exam focuses on the osi model, you might get the odd question on the DoD model.

It pretty simple though. All you do is think of the osi model compared to the DoD model. So ip for instance works at the internet layer of the DoD layer, and telnet works at the process/application etc.

Anyways I dont recall any DoD questions on my exam.
    If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions.