Options

MCSA Lab: Upgrading from Server 2012 to Server 2012 R2

Enigma1Enigma1 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

I want to undertake a MCSA Windows Server 2012 course over the next year. As part of the lab setup I require Windows Server 2012 R2. The syllabus for the exam indicates content from R2 will be covered. I already have a copy of Windows Server 2012 and I have downloaded an evaluation copy of Windows Server 2012 R2 from the Microsoft website.

However I want to know how I can upgrade from my current version to the new version. Is this free? The installed version of Windows 2012 (in a virtual machine) is fully licensed with a license key. Can you please let me know how I can upgrade (and instructions on how to do it) so that the evaluation copy of Windows Server 2012 becomes fully licensed version.

Thankyou in advance,
Enigma

Hi All,

I want to undertake a MCSA Windows Server 2012 course over the next year. As part of the lab setup I require Windows Server 2012 R2. The syllabus for the exam indicates content from R2 will be covered. I already have a copy of Windows Server 2012 and I have downloaded an evaluation copy of Windows Server 2012 R2 from the Microsoft website.

However I want to know how I can upgrade from my current version to the new version. Is this free? The installed version of Windows 2012 (in a virtual machine) is fully licensed with a license key. Can you please let me know how I can upgrade (and instructions on how to do it) so that the evaluation copy of Windows Server 2012 becomes fully licensed version.

Thankyou in advance,
Enigma icon_study.gifHi All,

Thankyou in advance,
Enigma