Options

Keeping track of projects, any good tools to use?

TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
Can anyone suggest any tools that you use to keep track of your tasks and projects? I'm starting to lose track of all the tasks that i have to complete for my projects. Since most of the times i am the PM i need to figure out a method to keep track of all the tasks, so far i am using excel but it's not working very well for me. Any other tools you recommend?

Comments

• Options
    TacoRocketTacoRocket Member Posts: 497 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I hard Microsoft Project is a pretty good software to use.
    TheFORCE wrote: »
    Can anyone suggest any tools that you use to keep track of your tasks and projects? I'm starting to lose track of all the tasks that i have to complete for my projects. Since most of the times i am the PM i need to figure out a method to keep track of all the tasks, so far i am using excel but it's not working very well for me. Any other tools you recommend?
    These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/
  • Options
    mzx380mzx380 Member Posts: 453 ■■■■□□□□□□
    TacoRocket wrote: »
    I hard Microsoft Project is a pretty good software to use.

It really depends on how in depth you need your project information to be. As IT PM, I use Microsoft Project a lot for managing all of my project information (costs, schedules etc) If you are only interested in deliverable tracking and milestones, you could use something like Trello which has recently been acquired by Atlassian, they produce Jira which is a great application for Agile project management and team collaboration.

Questions, let me know
    Certifications: ITIL, ACA, CCNA, Linux+, VCP-DCV, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM
    Currently Working On: Microsoft 70-761 (SQL Server)
  • Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    +1 for Trello.

Also - if you just need to keep track of todo lists - I also like OneNote if you are in a Microsoft shop or Evernote if you are not. Alternatively - if you just need a tasklist - there's the tasklist in most email clients which are pretty good.