Options

working on my skills - resume

jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
It's been a couple of years and I've had the same skills on my resume and I'm trying to move more into InfoSec. The last job was two years doing tier 2 helpdesk stuff but I was the only guy there for the most part so it was mostly break-fix with password resets in AD and reimaging.

Now I'm the main person that does IT but I have support from a third party when I need it. I've been making GPO's, O365 administration, break-fix, asset inventory, AD account creation and a few other low level things.

The security related things that I've created a risk register, put a Snort box out that I'm still working on, doing nmap scans to help me with documentation and I'm using Nessus Cloud to help discover vulnerabilities that we have within our network and on our assets.

I plan on expanding on the risk and vulnerability stuff and getting the IDS (Snort) box to work just for starters. But all of this is for a small organization and I feel like that people will look down on what I've done and pretty much tell me that it's not enough.

So I'm not sure if it would be safe to put under the skills section of my resume, these skills:
Vulnerability management
Risk management
Nmap

I do my best to try and read up on the NIST publications that are out there to assist me with what I'm trying to do for the organization. I'm interested in obtaining the CISSP and CRISC certifications as well.

Anyone have any advice? Could I possibly be on the right track?
Booya!!
WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
*****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****

Comments

• Options
    jcundiffjcundiff Member Posts: 486 ■■■■□□□□□□
    you are on the right path, you are working with vulnerability and risk management and sounds like you are the R and A on the RACI chart for those areas so why not list them.

If you are doing the tasks, it doesn't matter if it is a 100 person company, or 1000, the processes are the same... just the volume is increasing
    "Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Doesn't Work Hard" - Tim Notke
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Thanks jcundiff,

Are you talking about the Responsibility Assignment Assignment Matrix?
    I just wanted to be sure. I did find it on project-management.com and it looks awesome. I'm going to check more into it.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****