Options

INE CCIES R/S BUNDLE - If exam version changes, do you get access to updated material

ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
I am considering purchasing the INE R/S CCIE bundle as there is currently a 25% off code it is $1,275 for their ultimate get everything for the version 5.0 exam.

Does anyone here know if that goes into version 6.0 as well, if the CCIE version changed recently for some reason?

And do they usually have these types of 25% off coupons a lot? I'd like to grab it while there is a coupon code as I'm not sure my work would pay for the material, but it says that is 25% expires Thursday.

Any details please let me know- Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    sea_turtlesea_turtle Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    yes you will get the free upgrade.

v4 swapped to v5 in june 2014, my BEST guess is you have until 2018 before you even hear of the proposed changes and a timeline. from there you will be given last dates to test. again this all a GUESS.

when the test swaps over to v6 R&S will be the priority of INE to upgrade when it comes to all types of materials BUT it is worth noting it took them from June 2014 to May 2015 to finish the bulk of the v5 materials.
  • Options
    bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
    ande0255 wrote: »
    I am considering purchasing the INE R/S CCIE bundle as there is currently a 25% off code it is $1,275 for their ultimate get everything for the version 5.0 exam.

Does anyone here know if that goes into version 6.0 as well, if the CCIE version changed recently for some reason?

And do they usually have these types of 25% off coupons a lot? I'd like to grab it while there is a coupon code as I'm not sure my work would pay for the material, but it says that is 25% expires Thursday.

Any details please let me know- Thanks!

Hi Ande

Currently studying for the CCIE R&S, wouldn't be too concerned regarding the CCIEv6.0 - I think it only recently update to 5.1.

INE normally do do coupons, at various parts of the year. Although I would grab it as soon as you can! My work paid for the CCIE bundle and I also purchased the Multicast deep dive videos also! Fantastic material and well worth the investment! I've purchased heaps of self-study material out of my own pocket and paid for exams and it is all worth it for the investment!
    2018 Goal: CCIE Written [ ]
  • Options
    ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    I actually reached out to support to confirm, and the response I got is I will get new materials 6 months once a new blueprint is introduced and after that they are 50% off previous version holders.

Not sure if that means they run a little late with releasing material for the next version up or ho their style of doing that is.

Fortunately my work has a corporate all access pass that they don't advertise as they can only have 6 logins at once, and I was able to get one of those spots, so I have the all access pass now from my work.

Saved me a ton of $, now the question is, will I withstand the test of time of staying my employment there til I earn a CCIE if that day comes :)

Thanks for the responses!

EDIT:

Forgot to mention I called my fiance over all excited about the work covering it thing, and she said "Oh great, more studying" in about the most disapproving tone she could muster.

Kind of flattened my tire, but seeing all that material to study (including Firepower AMP material) I was like @_@ "Can't hear you over awesomeness of the situation dear"
  • Options
    sea_turtlesea_turtle Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ande0255 wrote: »
    the response I got is I will get new materials 6 months once a new blueprint is introduced

not trying to pile onto INE but since about 2012 it has taken them >12 months to finish ANY materials no matter the track when a blueprint change happens. not saying you wont get the materials, not saying they couldn't do it faster. what i am saying however is stay on them, email their sales weekly, email or PM Brian on reddit.
  • Options
    lrblrb Member Posts: 526
    Totally agree with sea_turtle on this one. Besides RS, the rest of the CCIE tracks take forever to get a facelift when the version changes. The DCv2 lab has been out for nearly 9 months, and the workbook and rack rental are still not done, despite the rack rental beta going live in August last year.

And yes the content does update. I have the most recent versions of the RS content even though I had an Ultimate RS bundle from RSv4.