Options

Does this seem like a good Management Information Systems(bachelors) program?

SyliceSylice Member Posts: 100
Does this seem like a good program from the courses that I have to take? I talked to a guy from the school and he said that internships are offered for students who request them, I plan on doing an internship and getting a CCNA cert ASAP.

Comments

• Options
    iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    That's a question for YOU to answer! What is your desired career path? Have you actually looked at job descriptions for positions that you want to hold after you graduate? What skills will this degree develop that you saw in the job descriptions that you liked?

Decide on a career path that want THEN find a degree that advances that goal, not the other way around...
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
  • Options
    SyliceSylice Member Posts: 100
    iBrokeIT wrote: »
    That's a question for YOU to answer! What is your desired career path? Have you actually looked at job descriptions for positions that you want to hold after you graduate? What skills will this degree develop that you saw in the job descriptions that you liked?

Decide on a career path that want THEN find a degree that advances that goal, not the other way around...

I am interested in being a Network Engineer, QA Analyst, Business Analyst... Database Administrator. From my understanding, this degree could help me get into one of these careers.
  • Options
    yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Looks like standard business admin with information systems major offerings. I mean this in a good way. Nearly identical course descriptions to the same degree I got (but from different school). Things I like:
    -Evening classes
    -Online courses available
    -Some kind of CompTIA partnership might be good to grab some of their certs.

Seems very well suited to the career paths you are interested in.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP