Options

Should I call a company that I interviewed with when they are not contacting me back?

SkywindSkywind Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I took a phone interview for a company a few weeks ago, and the interview went okay, but I haven't heard anything back. At the end of the interview they said that they would contact me in a few weeks and bring me in for an in person interview. That was over two weeks ago. I sent them an email on Monday of this week to let them know that I am still interested, but they never replied.

Now maybe I am over analyzing things, but there was one rocky part in the interview. Then the phone cut out for a few seconds then the guy came back on the call. There was only one guy who spoke during the call. So I am guessing that there were other people on the call, but they didn't speak and they guy who interviewed me wanted to talk to them without me hearing.

I am just so confused. I really want this job, and I haven't wanted a job this badly in a long time.

Comments

• Options
    UncleBUncleB Member Posts: 417
    If you have their email then use it, but I wouldn't chase them by phone as well as this will come across as too needy and will turn off the recruiter (my perspective only).

A lot could have happened between the interview and now - positions are often put on hold or cancelled or even internal promotions can be considered to fill it, so in your shoes I would expect the worst, hope for the best but move on and look elsewhere.

This sort of thing is a very common occurrence so don't be disheartened by it.

Good luck
    Iain
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,231 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Don't be that stalker that keeps calling after one date. A follow-up email was already sent so leave it at that.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    brewboybrewboy Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Don't call. They said a few weeks and it's only been two. Either way just wait to hear back and if you feel like following up after 4 weeks or so then maybe. An HR friend once told me she doesn't even like a followup "thank you" email. Finds it annoying
  • Options
    SkylinksSkylinks Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone. I won't call them. The ball is in their court.