Options

Need Some Advice Relocating

couponcoupon Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone,

I am in my early 20s and working on my CCNA, no security clearance, planing go to WGU get my degress later, one year experience work as an entry level IT tech in a very small company. Would like to get into the Network field, Once I complete my CCNA, I plan to find a new job somewhere doing entry level net admin work/NOC work.

So I'm looking to move to a better market, right now I live in New Windsor, MD
It seems like more Network job in VA then MD, I planing stay in DMV area, job market is No.1 factor, cost of living will be consider also, any advice where should I live? Don't want to commute more then an hour each way.

General tips/ideas please, thank you!

Comments

• Options
    pevangelpevangel Member Posts: 342
    I would look between Baltimore and DC like Odenton, Severn, and Hanover. You'll be really close to Ft. Meade, Northrop Grumman, MDOT, Ciena, and several other IT companies. Then, you're only 30 minutes away from DC and Baltimore and around an hour away from VA and APG. These drive times are obviously based on commuting without traffic. Just gotta find a job that has a flexible schedule. I know a couple of guys that lives in Westminster and commutes down to the BWI area. They either come real early (leaving their house at 5) or late (leaving their house at 9) in order to avoid rush hour.

Also, shoot me a PM with your resume. I think they're hiring for a NOC tech where my wife currently works.