Options

Im discouraged. Resume Critique? Help finding jobs?

Hey everyone,I have been a real tough time finding jobs. Granted I am employed right now, but i dont quite make enough for a 1 bedroom rent (Southern California). Idk if im not exaggerating my skills enough or i need more? I can use some advice however. Attached is my resume. Can you help with what im doing wrong here? Do i need more experience?

Comments

• Options
    EANxEANx Member Posts: 1,077 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Effective resume design heavily depends on the type of job you're looking for. What kind of job are you aiming at? If you're using the same resume for a wide range of jobs, that might be the problem.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    This resume reads weird.
    - If current job is, well, current, why verbs in past tense? The opposite is also true: old jobs with verbs in present tense.
    - "Represented the manufacture" what does this mean?
    - "traveling to VIP customer sites to resolve complex network and wireless network problems, while conducting onsite training to installers and product dealers" - so you were multitasking by training and troubleshooting at the same time?
    - Wireshark is one word
    - CompTIA is not properly capitalized
    - Wi-Fi is not right
    - It's "IPsec"
    - "IP Conflicts" - why are you capitalizing conflicts?

I hope you are just working on this and not actively sending it out. If I see this resume come across my desk I would immediately put it in the circular file due to the problems listed above.
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hey everyone,

I have been a real tough time finding jobs. Granted I am employed right now, but i dont quite make enough for a 1 bedroom rent (Southern California). Idk if im not exaggerating my skills enough or i need more?

I can use some advice however. Attached is my resume. Can you help with what i'm doing wrong here? Do i need more experience?

as noted from cyber - grammatical errors are a no no learn to abuse spell check. Also there is a pinned topic on resumes. i suggest you read it and adjust your resume accordingly.
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons