Options

Resume tip that has saved me time.

PocketLumberjackPocketLumberjack Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey all, maybe you have something similar or something like this has been posted before. But I just got done sending out 3 different resumes to 3 positions in my company and it was super easy for me. I have a simple system to help with this, I have a large document with 8 -10 bullet points for each job I have had and it allows me to tailor a resume quickly for each job I apply for. This may only be handy during the early part of your career but it has been working slick for me for the past year. I just thought I would share and see if anyone else has any tips for keeping the resumes and cover letters flowing quickly while trying to get a new position.
Learn some thing new every day, but don’t forget to review things you know.

Comments

• Options
    thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I have a list of all of my previous job titles, starting/ending dates, promotion dates, salary/pay rate, names of supervisors, name of comapnies, mailing/physical address, and phone number. This makes it easier when filling out applications that require that information.

I keep track of what I do at work each day. This makes it easier to create bullet points for my current job instead of relying on memory after I have left that job. It also allows me to make my bullet points quantifiable without BSing since I know exactly what I did and what I worked on each day.
  • Options
    kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    I really don't tailor my resumes. It has never been a problem.
    I write what I bring to the table and what I know.
    What Thomas mentions is true, always keep some info from previous jobs regarding the people, contact details and such.
    meh