Options

CASP Test Update

whowe82whowe82 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm planning on studying and sitting for the CASP this year. The books I'm seeing were all published in 2015. Does anyone know if there will be an update this year? I may wait for newer study material if that is the case. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    CompTIA are pretty good about announcing exam updates in advance and having a transition period. They currently don't have a retirement date for this version of the exam, CAS-002. The official word is:

Retirement
    TBD - Usually three years after launch.

The current version was launched in 2015, so most materials will date from then.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • Options
    whowe82whowe82 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Holy cow, thanks! If it would have been a snake I'd be dead!
  • Options
    vladi72vladi72 Member Posts: 7 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Most likely next year or so CompTIA will update exam to Cas003 just adding few new things like they did with Security+
  • Options
    swampratswamprat Member Posts: 76 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Correct. there is some variation, but 3 years is their typical life cycle. In addition, there is generally 6 months or so of overlap, so even when they do announce the new version of the CASP, you still will have 6 months (or some period of time) to take the old version. So definitely start studying now with the existing material and don't stress about the new version. it's unlikely to come out until after you've already passed, and even if it does, you'll have time still.