Big-Time Recruiter Mistake

2»

Comments

• BradleyHUBradleyHU Member Posts: 918 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The other thing is I have probably 20 to 30 calls and emails a day from recruiters. Some big firms and some small and a lot from India .... err New Jersey yeah that is what they are going with.

I thought it was Atlanta or somewhere in Cali that they're calling from...
    Link Me
    Graduate of the REAL HU & #1 HBCU...HAMPTON UNIVERSITY!!! #shoutout to c/o 2004
    WIP: 70-410(TBD) | ITIL v3 Foundation(TBD)
  • Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    So far all the recruiters I've come across are straight out of college being paid breadcrumbs with a degree in psych, sociology, anthropology, marketing, sports/exercise science, communications, or art and tons of debt from a state school. You do the math.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    aderon wrote: »
    lol jesus... remind me not to piss you off icon_lol.gif

That's right man, no-body F's with the jesus.
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
  • BradleyHUBradleyHU Member Posts: 918 ■■■■□□□□□□
    So far all the recruiters I've come across are straight out of college being paid breadcrumbs with a degree in psych, sociology, anthropology, marketing, sports/exercise science, communications, or art and tons of debt from a state school. You do the math.

FACTS!!! A lot of them out there are of that variety. I tend to stay away from those, and go with the ones who've done corporate recruiting in the past.
    Link Me
    Graduate of the REAL HU & #1 HBCU...HAMPTON UNIVERSITY!!! #shoutout to c/o 2004
    WIP: 70-410(TBD) | ITIL v3 Foundation(TBD)
  • hurricane1091hurricane1091 Member Posts: 919 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I cannot stand recruiters. Constantly get hit up for jobs I am not qualified for, or way over qualified for. Someone sent me a $12.50/hr Network Engineer job recently. First off - no one in their right mind with a CCNA and an actual brain should work for that, even without experience. Secondly, why would I be interested in that at all? Someone literally just hit me up with a Sr VoIP Engineer job, requiring CCNP Collab. No where on my LinkedIn does it say I have that, or possess strong VoIP skills. They aren't sending their best folks, believe me.

I had one cold call me (who I previously met) with an opportunity I was actually excited for. Got me a skype interview lined up with the director from the company. I took a day off work, and the guy canceled on me. Not the recruiters fault, but I made it clear I could not do Skype the following day. He say's his manager told him the company was adamant on doing skype. I'm like hey - I was adamant on doing it *today*. I can't take off work again, and I can only do a phone call. So the weekend comes and goes, and the guy calls me up and says good news - skype call is ON today! Oh okay, you totally listened to me on Friday when I told you clearly I cannot do skype. They don't even try to be good at their jobs.
  • powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,665 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You know, this could be a bit of a misunderstanding on top of an email mistake. Unless OP has positively confirmed, it could have just been a template and it may be possible that the other candidate was being sent over for the same job... just as the other candidate's information was left in the email... maybe it was for a different job?

I dunno. I don't really like recruiters all that much... until I really need them, but there is a good quote:

"Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by incompetence." Or something like that... I don't know who said it. Not to say folks aren't doing the wrong thing, but maybe it was just a big mistake.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
  • MeanDrunkR2D2MeanDrunkR2D2 Member Posts: 899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    A couple of years ago I got a random email from a recruiter with all of a candidates information that he meant to send to someone internal to his recruiting company that had the jist of saying "Get this (Racist term) on the phone so we can get him that job, if that (racist term) is smart enough to actually know what to do." Then he went on talking about some girl that worked at the same firm and how he was planning on seducing her in rather vulgar terms.

I forwarded that email to the candidate that they wanted to get ahold of, found out the email address for his co worker that he wanted to do nasty things to and forwarded it to her. Then I later emailed him that he should be a bit more careful about who he emails and the language that he uses.
  • coreyb80coreyb80 Member Posts: 647 ■■■■■□□□□□
    A couple of years ago I got a random email from a recruiter with all of a candidates information that he meant to send to someone internal to his recruiting company that had the jist of saying "Get this (Racist term) on the phone so we can get him that job, if that (racist term) is smart enough to actually know what to do." Then he went on talking about some girl that worked at the same firm and how he was planning on seducing her in rather vulgar terms.

I forwarded that email to the candidate that they wanted to get ahold of, found out the email address for his co worker that he wanted to do nasty things to and forwarded it to her. Then I later emailed him that he should be a bit more careful about who he emails and the language that he uses.

That is crazy that he even put that all bs in an email to begin with. Well played, well played!!
    WGU BS - Network Operations and Security
    Completion Date: May 2021
  • josephandrejosephandre Member Posts: 315 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I work for a small defense contactor < 150 people. Few months after starting I got an odd email on my corporate account that apparently was supposed to go to the CEO who's first name is similar to mine. Guess someone carelessly let the address book auto-populate and sent me a spreadsheet containing all the job billets and the amount the client was paying for them vs what they were paying us. I did the right thing and let him know and immediately deleted it. All I know is there hasn't been any haggling when my annual review comes up lol