Options

Netwars Continuous

globalenjoiglobalenjoi Member Posts: 104 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey all. I just registered for my next SANS course, the GCIH, for April. Since I'm doing the graduate cert, I'll also be doing Netwars Continuous. Has anyone here taken the Continuous course? I'm trying to find out more about it, maybe how it compares to other training. I purchased the PTP Elite course from ELS and started this weekend, with the aim of learning some before attending the GCIH and being a bit more prepared for Netwars, but I really don't know much about it.

Can anyone elaborate on Netwars Continous, and maybe how it compares to something like the PTP course, or even the PWK course from Offensive Security?

Comments

• Options
    636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Netwars is tough, esp. for beginners. The first two levels challenge your Linux skills, followed by actual hacking in Level 3. If you're doing it as part of their master's program and you're relatively new to infosec and Linux then you're going to have a challenge in front of you, esp. because (if I recall correctly), you lose points when looking at the hints. Up to & including level 3 isn't hard if you've got a lot of hands-on Linux and basic hacking skills (including web apps). Most people never get past level 3, even when they have a few months to do it. Good luck. Many, many people report out on their OSCP journey, it'd be kind of nice for someone to post their Netwars journey as they progress.
  • Options
    globalenjoiglobalenjoi Member Posts: 104 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I definitely don't have a lot of experience with Linux, most of it has come from my own experimentation with Kali and Ubuntu. I'm wondering how well this PTP course will prepare me for Netwars. I have a little over a month before I actually start the Netwars course, so I can definitely pump some hours into the ELS course.

I might actually try to document the experience. I've got a feeling I'm going to feel overwhelmed, working on the GCIH, Netwars, the Cisco Cyber Ops course, and PTP all at once. My spring/summer is going to be busy!
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I am taking NetWars Continuous (4 month online course) after Blackhat in late July. By then I should have eCPPT, OSCP, and DarkSide Ops custom pentesting course done. I will report my journey on NetWars since there really aren't any here on TE.

Fun year!
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    SaSkillerSaSkiller Member Posts: 337 ■■■□□□□□□□
    One thing to consider I that in my experience netwars has non hacking related topics in there. I remember forensics data being in mine during the GPEN/GCIH netwars. Personally I think that is messed up.
    OSWP, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, CPT, CCENT, CompTIA Trio.