Options

New Graduate, friendly advice need please 👍

Diy chrisDiy chris Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello amazing Tech Exams community!

I recently finished my Masters in Computer Science with the emphasis in Information Assurance.

I love computers and I greatly enjoy people! So I would love to work into a management IT position at some point.

Currently I run a digital marketing agency where I do completely off topic work with a web design, seo, social media etc. for clients.

So I'm looking to get hired here in the Colorado Springs area as it a great town to live.

I do not have any security clearances so that is a bad thing for a lot of jobs.

I have allied for basic IT jobs on the USAjobs site, yet I have never had a call back.

I do not have any certifications, yet I'm training as we speak.

So my question is for all of you who work in security related jobs:

I have been studying Net+ yet it seems like Sec + is what meets the dod requirement.

So since I do not have official security experience, does having a graduate degree and I will get some certs, show that I'm trainable and worth the risk to hire?

Like if I get the certifications does this even matter to most dod contractors? Like they want you to have them on paper, yet they will train you to do what they want me to know?

Thank you truly from my heart for your tips! I'm the only income for my family as my wife just got her chemo orders. I want a secure, decent paying career with benefits. I don't want a job, I want a career in IT that I can enjoy and feel good knowing the company I work for stands for excellence.

Cheers,

Chris