First time go for SEC+!

tchad23tchad23 Member Posts: 10 ■■□□□□□□□□
I took and passed my Sec+ today with an 813! I began my study two and a half weeks ago with Darril Gibson's book, his android app, and later bought the premium content for the interactive questions. I also skimmed through the sybex review guide the last couple days to get a different purview on some things I was struggling with. There were some questions on the test that had acronyms that I hadn't seen, but overall, I felt pretty well prepared. The performance questions were very similar to the ones on Gibson's site, (a couple were way more complicated) but I didn't many issues with them.

My full-time job is digital forensics and I have my GCFE and EnCE, but I had very limited knowledge about networking and cyber security starting out.

I appreciate the advice that all of you have given on these forums, it was really helpful. I probably wouldn't have found Gibson's book without your guidance. Thanks!

Now on to CEH so I can be fully "certified" to do my new job!

Comments

• nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass!!
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Awesome news! Congrats! What is next for you?

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• ultm8mindultm8mind Member Posts: 111
    Congrats, what you going to use for your prepping for your CEH?
  • tchad23tchad23 Member Posts: 10 ■■□□□□□□□□
    For CEH, I will be using CBT nuggets and building my own network using vm's to get some hands on with the tools they go over. Then, on the 20th of this month I'm being sent to a boot camp course for a week. After that I will probably get the boson test engine for a few days and test the first week of April. O need to have the certificate in hand by April 15th for my job.