Options

What did you add to LinkedIn that made recruiters go crazy?

OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
So I've heard on here a few times about people who got certain certifications, qualifications, job titles, projects etc, and suddenly started being harassed by recruiters and others on Linkedin. Like a crack in the dyke, or a the last straw on the camel's back.

I'm curious what those tipping points are.
2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM

Comments

• Options
    Kai123Kai123 Member Posts: 364 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It was the CCNA for me, but mostly for support roles.
  • Options
    Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My public profile is minimal with name and professional heading. I added CISSP and started receiving connect requests and job opportunities. The other tipping point is CSSLP where I started receiving application security related job opportunities and messages from strangers. Adding a photo also helps.

However, my LinkedIn profile page is fairly bare; there is no overall profile summary or job role description. Just a listing of job titles, education and certifications.
  • Options
    jelevatedjelevated Member Posts: 139
    CISSP will get you some hits. Also having certain companies on your resume will get you some play as well. Google obviously, amazon, Microsoft etc. Apple.
  • Options
    DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Summary with a lot of information in regards to my role (task). I also mentioned my SQL certification in my summary at the start of my summary. My name heading after my name I hyphen with two words that describe me. John Doe - Talented Architect. (Cheesy sure but LOTS of recruiters have complemented me).