Options

OnWards and UpWards!

jedimastersajedimastersa Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just wanted to say thanks for a great forum! :)All the advice and links and tips etc! All helped a lot!

I booked my exam a week ago for this morning. Studied for a week using a lot of suggestions from this site!

Passed this morning!icon_cheers.gificon_lol.gif Harder than I thought it would be though!

Now to decide whats next CSA+ for straight to CASP!!??!!

Comments

• Options
    TacoRocketTacoRocket Member Posts: 497 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It depends on what you're trying to achieve. Do you mind sharing your thoughts on what you would like to do?
    These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/
  • Options
    bjpeterbjpeter Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Go straight for the CASP!
    2021 Goals (2): SSCP, eCPPT
    Achieved (27): Certified Associate in Python Programming, Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals, PenTest+, Project+, CySA+, Flutter Certified Application Developer, OCP Java EE 7 Application Developer, CCSP, OCP Java SE 11 Developer, CISSP, Linux+/LPIC-1, CCSKv4, OCE Java EE 6 JPA Developer, CSSLP, Server+, Cloud+, Arcitura Certified Cloud Professional, CASP+, Mobility+, Storage+, Android Certified Application Developer, OCP Java SE 8 Programmer, Security+, OCM Java SE 6 Developer, B.S. and M.S. in Computer Science
  • Options
    636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    CSA for the technical stuff, CASP for the management-related stuff (quasi CISSP).
  • Options
    McxRisleyMcxRisley Member Posts: 494 ■■■■■□□□□□
    CSA+ is geared more towards blue team type stuff such as using nessus, reviewing log outputs, reviewing various linux/linux tool syntax, recognizing various attacks etc. The CASP has a managerial side to it but it is VERY technical and VERY broad, I work with several CISSPs that have been unable to pass it. Both of these certs will require more than just studying for them though. I challenged the CSA+ during the beta period and passed because it was directly related to my current job, in all honesty that was one of the better exams I have taken as far as job relevance goes. I hope this helps, good luck!
    I'm not allowed to say what my previous occupation was, but let's just say it rhymes with architect.
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    ultm8mindultm8mind Member Posts: 111
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    CessationCessation Member Posts: 326
    Nice work! Keep it up!
    A+, MCP(270,290), CCNA 2008.
    Working back on my CCNA and then possibly CCNP.
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    Captain_DeadpoolCaptain_Deadpool Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just wanted to say thanks for a great forum! :)All the advice and links and tips etc! All helped a lot!

I booked my exam a week ago for this morning. Studied for a week using a lot of suggestions from this site!

Passed this morning!icon_cheers.gificon_lol.gif Harder than I thought it would be though!

Now to decide whats next CSA+ for straight to CASP!!??!!
    Bravo Zulu!! Congrats!

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• Options
    jedimastersajedimastersa Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well to be honest, life happened.... havent been here for a while! icon_cry.gif

Thank you to everyone for the repsonses and suggestions I feel very bad for only responding now.

I decided to first do my CySA (Old CSA) and then CASP. I took and passed CySA (Old CSA), I actually enjoyed doing th exam very much.

I then decided to take the CASP exam this morning.

It kicked my A$$! icon_sad.gif I think, even after reading all the post etc and then passing my CySa, I though that CASP would be in the same vein...boy was I wrong.

Back to studying for me. Just need to see if I am going to do be able to do CAS002 before it expires completely or wait for CAS-003...