Passed yesterday!

unobasskidunobasskid Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Never posted here before but have been lurking around and seeing what other people did study wise. This forum is a great resource for information. Thank you all who post info and help. I passed my CEH last week and got my Sec+ yesterday.

Resources used:
Certmaster practice tests from CompTIA
Security+ Study Guide from CompTIA's website
Flashcards
All-in-One CompTIA Security+ Exam Guide Fourth Edition (The gold book) Comes with a lot of practice questions on a disc

Test Tips:
Make sure you are prepared. I went in confident and kind of felt blindsided. It is a little more difficult than I thought it was going to be. Make sure you are prepared before stepping in the testing center. Also, CompTIA has a pretty good deal on the website for the Certmaster and an Exam voucher w/retake it is only 390 give or take. But worth it.

Again, thanks to everyone who posts tips and study materials on here. It is really helpful.

Comments

• ViolatedViolated Member Posts: 32 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Great job! What's next? How would you compare the CEH exam in terms of difficulty and overlap?
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
  • Captain_DeadpoolCaptain_Deadpool Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass.

I'm studying up for CEH right now.

Which exam did you find more challenging?
  • NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• ultm8mindultm8mind Member Posts: 111
    Nice, congrats! What you use to study for CEH?
  • nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats^2!
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • unobasskidunobasskid Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My company paid for the training. But I used the Self Paced online through EC-Council and a lot of memorization. There are some really good tips on the CEH forum. Use the study guides they created. They help for summarizing things. Also used practice tests between the ones that came with the study book I got on amazon and online. I recommend the EC Council online self pace. It comes with some pretty good labs.
    I will say, when it came to both exams they threw questions that were softballs but there were a few that made you really think mainly cause you think, "Oh they didn't cover that, how could they ask that". But I would say that the CEH was more technical and Sec+ was more broad. The Security+ in my opinion was tougher. CompTIA has really stepped up the exams since my A+ a while back.
    The only things that really overlapped between the 2 tests was the Vulnerabilities and Threats. CEH assumes you have an understading of networking and all that.
    p@r0tuXus wrote: »
    Great job! What's next? How would you compare the CEH exam in terms of difficulty and overlap?