Options

Passed SEC+

MrUnReaLMrUnReaL Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
I haven't posted here before but I just passed my SEC+ on Saturday 03/04/2017. I read Darril Gibson's book and did all of the practice questions. It took me about 2 weeks to get through the book. I was trying to take my time to retain the information. I was curious what you guys would recommend I study for next. I'm very interested in the information security side of things. I was Considering CEH, CISSP, CASP, CSA+(I would need to wait a few weeks for a book to come out), or one of the beginner pen test certs like eJPT. I'm really just trying to find something that can help me get into the field as I only have desktop support and no info sec experience. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats. Personally, i like the setup of CEH -> eJPT -> CSA+ -> CCNA Sec -> CASP
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    MrUnReaLMrUnReaL Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys. I think i'll start reading a CEH book tonight.
  • Options
    ultm8mindultm8mind Member Posts: 111
    CEH, Red Hat maybe? Congrats also on the pass...