Options

Passed Sec+ Today [TIPS]

SweeceSweece Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
What up yall. Passed the Security+ 401 exam today with a score of 784.

Only studied from Darrill's Book and quick Google searches. Took me about a month to slowly digest everything. Just read the book like a novel, it's fun and you'll understand the concepts so much more if you just sit and read. In my opinion, the book is more valuable than practice tests or buying extra materials. Just know your stuff.

A good practice for me was to find a word, "AES" for example, and you should be able to tell someone everything you know about AES.

My Advice:

Take all the performance based questions last. They definitely take the most time and you can flag them and come back to them later. Also, there were way more cryptography questions than I thought, so make sure to know your algorithms, their details, and why you would use them.

(Hope that's not too much info to get this deleted, remove it if needed)

The test was definitely harder than I thought and I barely got out of there. Don't sweat though, you got this!

Comments

• Options
    nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Woowww Congratss!!! Whats next?
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • Options
    SweeceSweece Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    nisti2 wrote: »
    Woowww Congratss!!! Whats next?

Nothing =)
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• Options
    Kopite_21Kopite_21 Member Posts: 194 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    Captain_DeadpoolCaptain_Deadpool Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good job!
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE