Options

CCSP: My experience

RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
So, I sat this exam last night after studying off and on for the last 2 months. My source of is the ISC2 Official guide. I also work as a Cloud Security Analyst for a major PaaS company.

My opinion on the exam is that;

1) It's too long. There is really no need for it to be 125 questions long.

2) It's too broad. Most of the questions refer to one off scenarios that for the most part are seldom to happen during operations or deployment.

3) Poorly worded and many grammatical errors. Out of the 125 questions, I've counted at the very least, one dozen questions that were either poorly worded or just grammatically bad. Making it difficult to either answer the question.

This is one time where I have to give Comptia some credit. The recent exams of the Security+, Cloud+, CASP and CSA+ are leaps ahead of that of ISC2 CCSP.

While I'm sure this could be a career booster for some, I am very hesitant to recommend it to anyone at this point.

Anyone else have an opinion on this exam?

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Thanks for the feedback. I am half-way through my studies and based on recent feedback questioning if I really wan to commit to it.
  • Options
    gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    Same impression:

http://www.techexams.net/forums/isc-sscp-cissp/125027-ccsp-failed-rant.html

I could be biased a bit though as I failed it.

I had the same issue as you in terms of the domains. I was great in the technical area. But, the architectural and legal areas, I was a disaster in.

This exam could have been done in 80 questions at best.
  • Options
    sp129sp129 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I've took the exam yesterday, did not pass unfortunately.

I hold my CISSP credentials since November. Had a 648.

Weakest domain happens to be Architecture - which I vividly study so much on. I do recall some of the questions being extremely vague, and when facing them, reminded me of this conversation that was posted 2 days ago.

So looks like I'll be going back to studying it again until I can take it again in June. (can't believe there's a 90 day wait for this.)
  • Options
    sp129 wrote: »
    I've took the exam yesterday, did not pass unfortunately.

I hold my CISSP credentials since November. Had a 648.

Weakest domain happens to be Architecture - which I vividly study so much on. I do recall some of the questions being extremely vague, and when facing them, reminded me of this conversation that was posted 2 days ago.

So looks like I'll be going back to studying it again until I can take it again in June. (can't believe there's a 90 day wait for this.)

Architecture was my weakest domain as well.

It's 30 days.
  • Options
    Remedymp wrote: »

It's 30 days.

The first time a candidate does not pass the ... CCSP ... exam, they will be able to retest after 90 days.

https://www.isc2.org/cancel-policy.aspx
  • Options
    The first time a candidate does not pass the ... CCSP ... exam, they will be able to retest after 90 days.

https://www.isc2.org/cancel-policy.aspx

Wow,

Thanks for the heads up. ISC2 have now become a big joke. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    Sadly, but yeah, this exam is low quality.

I wish they didn't introduce it at all as I had a rather respectful opinion on them.
  • Options
    jayc71jayc71 Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well this isn't exactly what I was hoping to hear, but I'm glad I did. I've been planning to take CCSP next, it's definitely on my list but might drop down a bit until the exam quality goes up.
    CISSP, CCSP, CCSK, Sec+, AWS CSA/Developer/Sysops Admin Associate, AWS CSA Pro, AWS Security - Specialty, ITILv3, Scrummaster, MS, BS, AS, my head hurts.
  • Options
    jayc71 wrote: »
    Well this isn't exactly what I was hoping to hear, but I'm glad I did. I've been planning to take CCSP next, it's definitely on my list but might drop down a bit until the exam quality goes up.

Which won't be for a few years.

Comptia did a better job on Cloud+ than ISC2 did on the CCSP.
  • Options
    djcarterdjcarter Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Remedymp wrote: »
    Which won't be for a few years.

Comptia did a better job on Cloud+ than ISC2 did on the CCSP.

ISC2 is already working on improvements and new questions and having workshops for them, so hopefully won't be that far off