Options

How to emulate Troubleshooting Labs for CCENT

pujan96pujan96 Member Posts: 121 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

Was just wondering if anyone could give me tips on how to develop troubleshooting skills. Obviously I can make a lab like I have been doing for my configurations but as I know what the faults I have made, it makes me feel like its not a real world scenario and I worry if Im even troubleshooting correctly to begin with.

Any info would help.

Thanks
Pujan
[X] CCNA R&S

[X] CCNP Route 300-101
[  ] CCNP Switch 300-115
[  ] CCNP T-Shoot 300-135

[  ]  NPDESI 300-550

[  ] CCIE R&S Written
[  ] CCIE R&S LAB

Comments

• Options
    swampratswamprat Member Posts: 76 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Probably the best way to do troubleshooting labs is to work with a partner and one of you break a lab and the other one tries to fix it. Then swap.
  • Options
    Uriah7Uriah7 Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I don't have any labs that are troubleshooting specific, but I can tell you how I studied.
    I configured each lab in Lammle's textbook on the same physical equipment. By the time i was finished, the routers and switches had many different configurations and they were pretty messy. I ran through the labs again and since the configs were so messy, I had a lot of troubleshooting to do (various encapsulation issues, hsrp, tunnel issues, etc.).
    I hope this helps. Good luck to you!

Edit: You can use the "show run" command to troubleshoot almost anything, but this does not mean that you should not be very familiar with all show commands.
  • Options
    Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What you could do, get all your devices configured with a basic config to start off with. Copy your configs to a TFTP. (I'm using a Windows XP PC with TFTP Server software). Create your desired lab on all devices, save those configs to the TFTP server. Instead of making and changing configs over and over, simply restore your blank config to each device, then create and save your new lab.