Options

eCPPT certificate/course

Fela15Fela15 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
[h=2]Hi. Im a software development student that in this past 6/7 months i get very interested in infosec. I did an ethical hacking course last year, not the ones that just teach you the tools but a course that explains ethical hacking in general. I would like to take this course+certificate. Im very self learning and have a decent amount of time. Do u recommend getting this elearning cert, or i hve to do de junior course before? Thanks and sorry for my bad english[/h]

Comments

• Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Try the eJPT first. It's fun and hands on.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Always recommend starting with Security+ to get the broad knowledgebase of all things infosec and then pick which areas you like the best to specialize in.
  • Options
    Fela15Fela15 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I was actually looking about it now, its an entry-level exam, isnt it? Does it have a hands on, or is all theory? where do u recommend studying from? In how much time can I prepare it? Sorry for all the questions but I was just searching that cert and this are the question i came up with :)
  • Options
    PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Security+ is entry level, but definitely worth studying. There are a lot of good resources for it out there. A pretty good free video series for Security+ is from Professor Messer. Google him and check it out, see what you think.
  • Options
    McxRisleyMcxRisley Member Posts: 494 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I also would recommend starting with the Security + and then moving on to the eJPT. While you could jump into the eJPT and be successful since it is the easiest of pen testing certs, you will be missing out on a lot of required knowledge to take your skills to the next level. Pen testing requires a broad knowledge of all things IT and how they work, without knowing the how and why, you will be just blindy firing exploits and not really understanding exactly what is happening and what you are scanning/enumerating/exploiting. The Security + will give you a good start for building this required base of knowledge.
    I'm not allowed to say what my previous occupation was, but let's just say it rhymes with architect.
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    McxRisley has a good point. Try not to just get book knowledge but also hands on so you can see what is going on and experiment as well.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****