Options

Next Monday 3/20 - My very first attempt at a certificate

SAG26SAG26 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Have been studying on and off for the past 2 months with a significant ramp-up in study time the past few weeks. Feel pretty confident in attempting the Security+ exam.

Read through Darril Gibson's book with his premium content, consistently getting 90%+ - to the point where I talk to myself on why I chose the answer vs. the incorrect ones.

This will be my very first certificate and with that being said, purchased the retake voucher just in case.

After completing Security+, I will rest a bit and wait for the preorder of CSA+ study guide. Then, its study time again.

Comments

• Options
    636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Good luck, let us know how well you did & your thoughts on the exam itself (as help for others seeking to take it)
  • Options
    ultm8mindultm8mind Member Posts: 111
    Good luck man, after getting 90's you should be good man. I would watch some Messer on YouTube to mix it up a little. It's always good to get the retake, and for about a quarter of a full price exam chance, why not? Where you living out of curiosity?
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You will always remember your first :D

Good luck!
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    ultm8mind wrote: »
    Good luck man, after getting 90's you should be good man. I would watch some Messer on YouTube to mix it up a little. It's always good to get the retake, and for about a quarter of a full price exam chance, why not? Where you living out of curiosity?

Thanks! I live in the Bay Area.
  • Options
    Just an update:

Passed with 823. I can confirm from previous posts that the test itself was a bit difficult. I honestly thought I was going to fail but whata-ya-know, I passed!

For study materials that I used - mainly Darril Gibson's Sec+ book and GCGA premium content.
  • Options
    ultm8mindultm8mind Member Posts: 111
    Congrats man, welcome to the club!
  • Options
    Captain_DeadpoolCaptain_Deadpool Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!