Options

problem with EIGRP configuration

xyz47xyz47 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,
This is my the very first post in here.

I am a newbie to CCNA I have started learning like 3 months ago... so the question may be funny or at least elementary.

Could anyone tell me what's wrong with the configuration of S0/0/0 R1 and S0/0/0 R2 ?
Those 2 interfaces form adjacency and they lose the adjacency after few seconds.
I have configured as the same values bandwidth and hello-interval.
There is also md5 authentication key which seems to be okay (at least for me)
On S0/0/0 of R1 there's manually configured summary address of 3 loopback interfaces is it the correct summary addresss for:
Lo1 172.27.1.1 255.255.255.0 Lo2 172.27.2.1 255.255.255.0 and Lo3 172.27.3.1 255.255.255.0 ??

Please see the attached screenshots. 99

Comments

• Options
    DCDDCD Member Posts: 473 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You screenshot did not load. Paste up you compete configuration so we can troubleshoot also if you did it in PT put it in Dropbox or Gdrive with a link here.
  • Options
    xyz47xyz47 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Woooppss... sorry for that... so hereunder U can see the problem:

264q1iv.jpg

20jgv0n.jpg
  • Options
    dontstopdontstop Member Posts: 579 ■■■■□□□□□□
    This has something to do with you setting the hello timers for those interfaces. I quickly tested this in my PT and had the same problem with the hello-timer at >15. It's possible that PT hard codes the dead-timer instead of making it 3 * Hello. Values <15 work fine.

So instead of
    hello-interval = 30 
    dead-interval = hello-interval * 3
    ---> dead-interval = 90

It is
    hello-interval = 30 
    dead-interval = 15
    ---> dead-interval = 15

So the router is telling it's neighbor *always* to expect hello's within 15 seconds or less but it's sending them every 30 seconds causing the connection to flap. icon_cry.gif