Options

Testout 70-270 Content

flanqueflanque Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I am looking at purchasing the Testout 70-270 content (two CDs apparently) and am wondering what people who have used it think of it? So far I have heard from others that the content that is presented isn't aways tested in the post-chapter ExamSim questions and (probably more annoying) the questions asked refer to things that were not even covered in the presented material.

I've also heard that this particular Testout release has a tendency to provide more than one possible solution to the questions and it's just a lucky game if you get the answer the question writer felt like at the time.

I have to stress this is not my experience rather feedback I've heard from others who have tried it.

Your experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Comments

• Options
    eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    i have no experience with testout, but more than one possible answer to a question is perfectly normal.
    often (in the real exam) there will be more than one possible answer, and the right one often depends on which one uses the least amount of administrative effort, or which causes the least downtime, or least TCO, etc.
    witty comment
  • Options
    Sure that sounds great and all but then doesn't that risk lending itself to being opinion?
  • Options
    kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I don't think so. For example, if a DC goes down and you have a recent back-up, you could totally reinstall the OS, reconfigure everything, then let all the domain data replicate back to it. That would work, but it would be much more efficient to reinstall from the back-up.

That said, I have used Test Out and am not a fan. Everything that you've heard about them I've found to be true as well, on top of that I simply don't like how their instructors teach. CBT Nuggets are my favorite, and I think the instructor, James Conrad, is very good (even if he does go off on tangents about Arizona).
  • Options
    eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    flanque wrote:
    Sure that sounds great and all but then doesn't that risk lending itself to being opinion?
    not really. well lets that there is microsoft's opinion on what i.e. takes the least amount of administrative effort, which i sometimes find frustrating because maybe "my" way would take a few extra mouse clicks or an extra reboot, but in the long run it would decrease admin effort.
    but generally it isn't opinion, and you will soon come to recognise the best ways to do things.
    witty comment
  • Options
    I guess I could see your point on the least administrative effort part, but if it's true that the questions asked are not convered in the material taught then that's a huge issue.