Quick Access Question

Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
Does anyone know how to program a button that I can put on a form that will move the current record from one table to another?

What I want to do is have a history table.... For example, when a customer no longer renting our space I want to just make a button that will send their record to the History table then mark the current record on the main table to a Vacant Status.

Comments

• TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Are you talking about an online form? Are the tables on the same page? Are the tables you're referring to in a database such as MySQL?

If they are on the same page I would suggest using JavaScript such as the onClick function. However, going from page to page will be a little bit difficult. If you are going page to page, using GET data with PHP would be a good way to do it.

If you're using database tables, PHP is definitely the way to do this.

If I am completely off base, please forgive me. :D
  • Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sounds like you need to create an Update Query and run that query through a Macro under the On Click event.
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Sounds like you need to create an Update Query and run that query through a Macro under the On Click event.

hmmmm....that sounds much easier than what I was thinking.... I don't know why I didnt think of that! Thanks!