ECCouncil Burcracy and Drama

JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
I have a voucher to take the C|EH that expires in a few weeks. So I'm trying to book the exam.

First, Peason Vue's website points to ECCouncil's website to book the exam. After searching for close to an hour, I couldn't find it, gave up and called Pearson Vue directly to book.

And finally after booking, I was told that in additon to the voucher that I have to take the test, I'm told I need an Eligibility Voucher in order to be allowed into the exam center. There was never any mention of this and I don't think anyone here has talked about it.

I've contacted their customer service about this who have been rude, vague and unable to answer my questions.

Was wondering if anyone else has ran into this Eligibility Voucher issue.
***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
-unknown

Comments

• OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    I think that EC Council have a requirement of doing their course, or some amount of experience in the field, before they will let you do the exam.

From their website:

The CEH, CHFI v9, and ECSA v9 programs all require proof of 2 years of information security experience as validated through the application process unless the candidate attends official training.

And the eligibility application
    Attempt Exam without Training

In order to be considered for the EC-Council exam without attending training, candidates must first be approved via the eligibility application process. The application can be found here: https://cert.eccouncil.org/Exam-Eligibility-Form.html. Prices for vouchers, links for purchasing, and websites for further information can be found below.

So, I guess the question is have you either of those?

2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
    Yes, I have the professional experience and did a 5 day bootcamp thru New Horizons.
    ***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
    -unknown
  • OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    Yeah, so I think there's some process when you do the bootcamp.

I did the course through university, and just got a voucher. I can't remember if I needed to do something through the aspen.eccouncil.org portal. I do know that when I got my exam voucher, I also got a certificate that I had completed the course. I think there was a mandatory course evaluation before I got the voucher.

There was also an "eligibility code". You might need to go to your training provider to get that.

Incidentally, when I did the exam in 2015, it was through Prometric.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • ClmClm Member Posts: 444 ■■■■□□□□□□
    you should contact new horizon they will give you the other code they did when i took the course
    I find your lack of Cloud Security Disturbing!!!!!!!!!
    Connect with me on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/myerscraig

• 636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    IIRC EC-Council requires you to pay a fee to them to be able to take their tests (in addition to the test fee), and you need to go through an approval process for the CEH (unless you go thru a training partner, maybe???). The approval process is to make sure that you're going to use your leet hacking skills for the forces of good. The knowledge you gain through having their CEH certification is too dangerous to give out to just anybody, so you need to be pre-approved by them ahead of time so they know you're legit and not going to take over the world. That's a true story, too. These guys are like a daytime soap opera sometimes, I swear.
  • bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    363-555-3226, you forgot the dramatic Da - Da - DAAAAA music.

To OP:
    Rude customer service. These folks perform double duty as Comcast support people.
    Seriously, I skipped the original training and had my boss sign a waiver. Make sure that your training was certified through EC Council. New Horizons is fairly legit.... death by powerpoint but legit.
  • Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    JockVSJock wrote: »
    Yes, I have the professional experience and did a 5 day bootcamp thru New Horizons.

The voucher is not valid for scheduling exam via Pearson Vue. Instead, you should contact New Horizons to schedule the exam. Contact your New Horizons CEH instructor or sales contact.

You will go to New Horizons to take the exam. Log in to https://www.eccexam.com/ there, select the exam and enter your voucher code. Your New Horizons proctor will login his account so that you can start the exam.
    Register for a new account at https://www.eccexam.com/ if necessary either on that day or earlier.

At least this is how it works for my ECSA exam.
    Mike7 wrote: »
    The voucher is not valid for scheduling exam via Pearson Vue. Instead, you should contact New Horizons to schedule the exam. Contact your New Horizons CEH instructor or sales contact.

You will go to New Horizons to take the exam. Log in to https://www.eccexam.com/ there, select the exam and enter your voucher code. Your New Horizons proctor will login his account so that you can start the exam.
    Register for a new account at https://www.eccexam.com/ if necessary either on that day or earlier.

At least this is how it works for my ECSA exam.

I went to the website that you recommended, however in order to register, I need the following:

- Proctor ID
    - Proctor Passwd

I saved all related emails and documentation from this class that I took, and there isn't any info here.

They are not making this easy.

-unknown
  • scoobydoesscoobydoes Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just wanted to let you know that I sympathize with your situation icon_sad.gif

I will agree with you JockVSJock this process is pretty confusing and convoluted as I am going through it now for the CEH, but in my case I needed to go through the exam eligibility application process since I self studied.

I believe if you are trying to take this at a New Horizon testing center Mike7's advice looks spot on and I would try to contact them directly and explain your situation again. Frustrating, but keep your eye on the ball and focus on the long term goal.

Oh, BTW I believe the Proctor ID/Password section is for the in person Proctor to login and verify they are overseeing your test taking environment.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You know you can just call EC-Council and talk to them on the phone?

I spoke to them and had no problems getting my questions answered.

My guess is that they didn't provide the elig voucher but just gave the regular voucher

Just give them a call on the phone and talk to them.

But with my attempt, I got both a eilg voucher and exam voucher.
  • Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    JockVSJock wrote: »
    I went to the website that you recommended, however in order to register, I need the following:

- Proctor ID
    - Proctor Passwd

I saved all related emails and documentation from this class that I took, and there isn't any info here.

They are not making this easy.
    You signed up for the course at New Horizons (NH). Why not ask them?

Assuming you took the official EC Council CEH course at NH; the exam is to be conducted at NH facility.
    Contact NH and tell them
    • you have taken the CEH course at NH and
    • you are ready to take the exam
    They will schedule your exam and tell you the date. This is probably what will happen.
    • Go to NH on exam date
    • Bring your ID cards with you for identification verification, e.g. driving license, passport, credit card....
    • You will take the exam in a classroom
    • From the PC, you login to the site and select the appropriate exam to take
    • NH proctor enter his Proctor details after you login
    • You enter the CEH voucher code and start your exam
    At least this is how it works for me. In fact, the NH trainer told us to contact NH to schedule our exam dates on the first day of class.

So... Contact NH. Get in touch with your CEH class instructor if NH is not sure.
  • bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I just verified that you are exempt from the form and $100.00 after I signed in to obtain a form. From EC Council:
    Greetings of the day.
    To be eligible for the CEH exam under the self study mode we would need the documents listed below:

•Duly filled in Exam Eligibility Application Form (Attached)
    •Identification proof and updated resume

•Payment confirmation code/receipt
    You would also need to pay USD100 towards Eligibility Application fee.
    To make the payment, please go to https://store.eccouncil.org/product/eligibility-application-fee/ and choose the Eligibility Application Fee. (For payment related queries, please contact finance@eccouncil.org)
    NOTE: If you have attended training with an EC-Council Authorized training channel, you will be exempted from paying USD100 towards the Eligibility Application fee. This is subject to your submission of the "Certificate of Attendance" along with your Eligibility Application Form (Attached).
    The Certificate of Attendance is achieved upon completing the training evaluation form available at https://aspen.eccouncil.org/. The training evaluation form can be accessed using the eval code that is sent to you along with your official courseware. You can contact your training provider or your instructor for assistance.
    Email the scanned copy of application form along with identification proof and updated resume to cehapp@eccouncil.org
    For online/self paced learning options - iclasssupport@eccouncil.org.
    Kindly take note that the estimated processing time of your Eligibility Application is 14 days from the date of your Eligibility Application received date (Complete Eligibility documents).
    Have a nice day !
    EC-Council
    Are you kidding me??!??

Called a few times, went to someone's voice mail and no one has called back.

You know you can just call EC-Council and talk to them on the phone?

-unknown