Options

Passed with a 717

thesemantheseman Member Posts: 230
Not quite what I expected:
I spent a lot of time studying Windows 9x, navigation/configuration/system files etc....

And then my test was over 70% XP...... which one would THINK would be easier, with the amount of XP experience I have.

Has anyone else encountered exams that were so XP-heavy?

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congrats!

XP 'is' the most popular desktop OS, and CompTIA listen to all the complaints about to many old Windows stuff being tested on the exam, so it's 'normal' to get a lot of questions about XP.
  • Options
    elathropelathrop Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on your OS pass!

No, I don't recall my exam to be heavily XP loaded. What was an unpleasant surprise to me was the number of modem questions. I must admit, I was never prepared for modem questions on an OS test. I got about 7 or 8 of them, (it seemed like 50) and as fate would have it, I was so well prepared for anything to do with hard drives and I don't think I got one question on them!

But, we passed. We'll never have to worry about that test again. Feels great, doesn't it!?!
    Webmaster for calendardaze.com ezcalculator.com and digitizedvideo.com
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Congratulations! :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki