CertMaster for Linux +

TumieTumie Member Posts: 11 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello guys,
How is CompTIA CertMaster product for preparing for the Exam?

Comments

• AverageJoeAverageJoe Member Posts: 316 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just posted about passing 104 using uCertify and CertMaster as my study materials. To summarize, I felt uCertify provided better overall coverage, but I think CertMaster was better at preparing me for the look and feel of the exam. Together they made the exam seem pretty easy.

I'd say CertMaster is pretty good, but I'm not sure I would have passed using only CertMaster.
  • shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I am using CertMaster currently for the 103 exam, but also reading 2 Linux+ books:

CompTIA Linux+ Powered by Linux Professional Institute Study Guide: Exam LX0-103 and Exam LX0-104 , Third Edition by Christine Bresnahan and Richard Blum Sybex. (c) 2015.
    AND
    CompTIA Linux+/LPIC-1 Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, Second Edition (Exams LX0-103 & LX0-104/101-400 & 102-400) by Robb H. Tracy
    McGraw-Hill/Osborne. (c) 2015.

It's been a difficult road due to being a Windows guy for majority of my IT career. I tried to hop into it back in 2000 when a local college offered it as a class, but not enough people signed up, so they dropped it. It's only difficult because I don't work with it at work & whenever I get home, I kinda wanna get away from computers. I hope to take the 103 exam by the end of May, but if I am not ready, I am not gonna waste my moola. I will just reschedule it for later date.
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • espi_251espi_251 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Tumie wrote: »
    Hello guys,
    How is CompTIA CertMaster product for preparing for the Exam?

I would strongly advise you not to invest in Certmaster. Linux Academy/Textbooks are a way better and cheaper options.

I used Certmaster, and I think it's piece of s*** product.
  • TumieTumie Member Posts: 11 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Finally passed LX0-103 today (550), I used Certmaster, and LinuxAcademy.com.
    I wont be buying another licence for LX0-104, for $139.00, I feel it is expensive.
    i will just buy a voucher for $185.00 and continue with monthly subscriptions to LinuxAcademy.com

icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif
  • shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Sweet! Congrats!
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • AverageJoeAverageJoe Member Posts: 316 ■■■■□□□□□□