Options

CBTNuggets: 8 of the difficult IT security certs

RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
Just saw this article show up in my email.

I don't agree with CCNA security being listed on there. Check it out here.

Comments

• Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    LOL, I don't agree with most of them being on there. I can see OSCP, CASP, and CISSP. I guess you can count in GSEC if you add the cost into the equation... icon_rolleyes.gif

After reading the whole thing, pretty sure that title is just pure clickbait.
  • Options
    NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    I dont know how they sorted this out.
    I will say that the number 1 would be CCIE-sec or OSCP if you refer how hard it is.
    Probably CISSP after that due to the demand.
    3rd would be Security + due to demand again in the DOD side.
  • Options
    MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Not sure how I feel about that list. Some of the certs make sense like the OSCP and CISSP but some of the others don't. An example would be the Security+ being on there. I am not arguing its validity as a certification but you can't say entry level certification and most difficult in the same description without the use of the word not. It is a good exam but I wouldn't consider it one of the most difficult ones. The only way I could see that is if it was considered a list of "Most difficult IT security exams when taken at the appropriate career level".
  • Options
    TreySongTreySong Member Posts: 65 ■■■□□□□□□□
    NOC-Ninja wrote: »
    I dont know how they sorted this out.
    I will say that the number 1 would be CCIE-sec or OSCP if you refer how hard it is.
    Probably CISSP after that due to the demand.
    3rd would be Security + due to demand again in the DOD side.
    I think they were ranked the other way round. i.e the last one(OSCP) is the hardest which gives the same result as your ranking.
  • Options
    TreySongTreySong Member Posts: 65 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Mooseboost wrote: »
    Not sure how I feel about that list. Some of the certs make sense like the OSCP and CISSP but some of the others don't. An example would be the Security+ being on there. I am not arguing its validity as a certification but you can't say entry level certification and most difficult in the same description without the use of the word not. It is a good exam but I wouldn't consider it one of the most difficult ones. The only way I could see that is if it was considered a list of "Most difficult IT security exams when taken at the appropriate career level".

I completely agree. It sort of waters down the integrity of the list itself.