On to CASP - Time Crunch

JayVeeJayVee Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
So I just passed the Sec+ last week. Studying for a week straight and passed. (Darrill Gibson's study guide and practice tests only) Now I've been offered a new job (within DoD) and they're letting me study for the first 60 days to get my CASP Cert. My sole job those first 60 days is to get the CASP. However, I'll need to get my own study material. I've seen most people recommend the Pearson IT book, and the Cybrary videos, but what would be the perfect storm of study material? I've seen that Pearson IT offer's a bundle with uCertify labs, has anyone tried that?

They'll be sending me to a boot camp course to polish off my studying when I'm ready for the test.

As for my background, I have about 11 years experience in IT and IA already. I just never needed to get certified until now.

Thanks for the help!

Comments

• ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    JayVee wrote: »
    So I just passed the Sec+ last week. Studying for a week straight and passed. (Darrill Gibson's study guide and practice tests only) Now I've been offered a new job (within DoD) and they're letting me study for the first 60 days to get my CASP Cert. My sole job those first 60 days is to get the CASP. However, I'll need to get my own study material. I've seen most people recommend the Pearson IT book, and the Cybrary videos, but what would be the perfect storm of study material? I've seen that Pearson IT offer's a bundle with uCertify labs, has anyone tried that?

They'll be sending me to a boot camp course to polish off my studying when I'm ready for the test.

As for my background, I have about 11 years experience in IT and IA already. I just never needed to get certified until now.

Thanks for the help!

I used the Pearson book and I had studied for my CISSP beforehand. The test is solid. I thought it to be more difficult than the CISSP.

http://www.techexams.net/forums/casp/118874-casp-june.html
  • JayVeeJayVee Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the insight. I read your original post. I went ahead and ordered the Pearson book/bundle. I went to check out the FedVTE course, but they pulled CASP:

Important Update At the request of DISA, the following courses have been taken offline for PAO review and approval:
    • CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) CAS-002
    This course will be back online as soon as DISA completes their review.

I guess I'll have to use the Cybrary videos for now. I'm also going over some of the CISSP videos on the FedVTE site to supplement as well. I've got 4 weeks till the test.
  • ErdinyErdiny Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi JayVee,

Did you already take the CASP exam? How was it, did you pass? If yes, did the materials you use are spot on and adequate to prepare you for it?