Options

How Can I Apply TRUTHFULLY?

Nafe92014Nafe92014 Member Posts: 279 ■■■□□□□□□□
Evening all,

I came across a few IT related jobs. Two of them are my former jobs at the same place. I have two questions as a means to seek advice, as on some applications they ask: "Do you have any medical/mental disabilities that would affect your job duties?"

With me now having SSD (single sided deafness = left ear is fully gone) and only 64% speech perception left in my "good" ear, should I explain it to them in the application or during the interview? I use my right ear for the phone anyway, but hearing off of one ear can be frustrating sometime, and lately it's making me feel isolated.
Certification Goals 2020: CCNA, Security+

"You have enemies? Good, that means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." ~Winston S. Churchill

Comments

• Options
    MideMide Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I don't think this is not a medical or mental disability that needs to be mentioned. I once had an IT worker who was completely deaf in one ear and I never noticed it until he told me.
  • Options
    alias454alias454 Member Posts: 648 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Would you not be able to complete any of the tasks you might be given? If so then check the box. However, if your hearing impairment will not affect you doing the job, don't check the box.
    “I do not seek answers, but rather to understand the question.”
  • Options
    RogueAdminRogueAdmin Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    From your description, "no" is the truthful answer.

However, the condition does not seem to be a new one, and there are missing details. Do a web search for "coping with hearing loss" for added thoughts.