STANLY ICM - wait list

tunerXtunerX Posts: 447Member ■■■□□□□□□□
I signed up on the wait list for the ICM course and received an email on Friday for the May 31st class. I acknowledged the email within minutes of receiving it.

How log does it normally take to get the response email with registration information?

Comments

  • STANLY_CCSTANLY_CC Senior Member Albemarle, NCPosts: 315Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    Our May classes are being entered this week, so you should hear from our registration department very soon. If you have any specific questions, please feel free to contact me at [email protected].
    tunerX wrote: »
    I signed up on the wait list for the ICM course and received an email on Friday for the May 31st class. I acknowledged the email within minutes of receiving it.

    How log does it normally take to get the response email with registration information?
  • tunerXtunerX Posts: 447Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just received my registration confirmation. Thanks.
  • tunerXtunerX Posts: 447Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    185 bucks for the VCP6 ICM class, 65 bucks for a physical book, and then the massively discounted special voucher.

    Really can't beat that.
  • shtoooshtooo Posts: 10Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    Edit: Never mind, I got it figured out. Good luck in your preparation, if you'd like, we can swap resources as we prepare to sit for the exam.
  • tunerXtunerX Posts: 447Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    Did you take the stanly on-demand course or are you planning on taking it soon.
  • stryder144stryder144 Posts: 1,519Member ■■■■■■■□□□
    tunerX wrote: »
    185 bucks for the VCP6 ICM class, 65 bucks for a physical book, and then the massively discounted special voucher.

    Really can't beat that.

    Not only that but you also get really quick responses from them on this forum. They definitely have the whole customer service thing down pat. Heck, I was having an issue with one of the labs and the instructor called me in order to walk through a particularly vexing human error (mine). Very helpful and informative.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

    Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • shtoooshtooo Posts: 10Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    tunerX wrote: »
    Did you take the stanly on-demand course or are you planning on taking it soon.

    I'm not sure what that is, but now you've got me curious...
  • tunerXtunerX Posts: 447Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    its an on demand vcp6 ICM course. Costs 185 bucks. The book is 40 for the ebook or 65 for the physical book. The voucher discounts the cost of the exam but it allows you to become VCP6-DCV certified.

    Stanly is part of the vmware ViTA program.

    https://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrReg/plan.cfm?plan=69513&ui=www_edu

    https://www.stanly.edu/future-students/continuing-education/technology-courses/vmware-vsphere-install-configure-manage
  • shtoooshtooo Posts: 10Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ok, yeah I'm taking the Stanly ICM course starting in May.
  • jamshid666jamshid666 IT Engineer III - Network Operations (Unix) Fayetteville, NCPosts: 48Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just found out about the Stanly course yesterday. I immediately registered, but I'm sure I'm too late to make the May 31st class, so I was curious as to how often Stanly kicks off a new class? And I'm sharing this info with all my coworkers and friends, this is too great of a deal to pass up.
    WGU BS - Network Operations and Security Estimated completion: May 2019
    Remaining courses: C846 (ITIL), C175 (OA), C779 (CIW Site Dev Associate), C768 (OA), C176 (Project+), C849 (Cloud Essentials), C850 (OA), C769 (Capstone)
    Active Certifications: A+, CCDA, CCNA-R&S, CCNA-Security, i-Net+, Network+, Security+, Server+, Splunk Certified User, VCP-DCV
    Expired Certifications: CCNP, LPIC-1, MCSE, RHCSE,
  • tunerXtunerX Posts: 447Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    jamshid666 wrote: »
    I just found out about the Stanly course yesterday. I immediately registered, but I'm sure I'm too late to make the May 31st class, so I was curious as to how often Stanly kicks off a new class? And I'm sharing this info with all my coworkers and friends, this is too great of a deal to pass up.

    I signed up for the may 31st course middle of march.
  • STANLY_CCSTANLY_CC Senior Member Albemarle, NCPosts: 315Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    We run our classes approximately every 8 weeks. Usually there is a class that starts in January, March, May, August, & December. We have added additional qualified instructors to help minimize the wait. Please feel free to contact us.

    As always, please remember we can offer the VMware class only to individuals and not as part of corporate training. In order to be fair to all who wish to take this class, we enroll students in the VMware courses in the order in which they registered on the online wait list. Additionally, this course is designed for students who have not yet taken the VCP exam. Students who have already passed the exam would still have to retake the exam using the voucher given at the end of the course in order to receive full VMware VCP certification.

    This course is offered under the umbrella of Continuing Education, and it is conducted online, including labs, in an asynchronous manner which basically means it is available to students 24/7. Students can study at their own pace provided you meet the minimum due dates set by the instructor. The courses are 8 weeks in length, and the current tuition & lab fee costs total $185. The textbook in both hard copy and e-book formats available through our book store. We are currently teaching the 6.0 version of the VMware curriculum.

    If you have not added your information to this list please do so at https://vmware.stanly.edu/waitlist.php. We apologize for any delay, but as you can imagine these classes are extremely popular. We make every effort to accommodate all students in a timely manner.

    At this time, due to evolving changes in higher education regulations, SCC is unable to serve all of the students that are interested in our courses or programs. SCC will no longer be able to offer distance education online programs or courses for students residing in Alaska, Arkansas, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Wyoming, and Puerto Rico.

    -StanlyCC

    jamshid666 wrote: »
    I just found out about the Stanly course yesterday. I immediately registered, but I'm sure I'm too late to make the May 31st class, so I was curious as to how often Stanly kicks off a new class? And I'm sharing this info with all my coworkers and friends, this is too great of a deal to pass up.
  • sacredboysacredboy Posts: 299Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just got a confirmation email from Stanly about registration for VMware v.6 Install, Configure, & Manage (ICM) starting from 18 Sep.

    STANLY_CC and those who already went through the STANLY's VMware courses please explain how lessons are held. Are they held in the form of online webinar with specific curriculum or a student just follow the course program at suitable for them time watching/reading course material?

    I am more than happy to register for this course but North Carolina is 14 hours back from my Sydney and if lessons are held online in real-time then it would be a task for me to attend them.
    Best, sacredboy!
  • srocky26srocky26 Posts: 39Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    sacredboy wrote: »
    Just got a confirmation email from Stanly about registration for VMware v.6 Install, Configure, & Manage (ICM) starting from 18 Sep.

    STANLY_CC and those who already went through the STANLY's VMware courses please explain how lessons are held. Are they held in the form of online webinar with specific curriculum or a student just follow the course program at suitable for them time watching/reading course material?

    I am more than happy to register for this course but North Carolina is 14 hours back from my Sydney and if lessons are held online in real-time then it would be a task for me to attend them.

    This is an old thread, but it was answered above.
    STANLY_CC wrote: »
    it is conducted online, including labs, in an asynchronous manner which basically means it is available to students 24/7. Students can study at their own pace provided you meet the minimum due dates set by the instructor.
  • sacredboysacredboy Posts: 299Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    srocky26, thanks heaps.
    Best, sacredboy!
  • STANLY_CCSTANLY_CC Senior Member Albemarle, NCPosts: 315Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    This is still valid. Please feel free to PM me here on this site or email me at [email protected] if you have any further questions.
    sacredboy wrote: »
    srocky26, thanks heaps.
  • sacredboysacredboy Posts: 299Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    STANLY_CC wrote: »
    This is still valid. Please feel free to PM me here on this site or email me at [email protected] if you have any further questions.

    Hi STANLY_CC,

    I think all clear for now. I made the payment yesterday and look forward for the course to start. :)
    Best, sacredboy!
  • STANLY_CCSTANLY_CC Senior Member Albemarle, NCPosts: 315Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    Awesome! We look forward to having you in class with us.
    sacredboy wrote: »
    Hi STANLY_CC,

    I think all clear for now. I made the payment yesterday and look forward for the course to start. :)
Sign In or Register to comment.