Options

Certification for the best Job?

raji96raji96 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
If I want to get into the well reputed IT Company for a development job then what kind of certification I need to have?

Comments

• Options
    CJWelch89CJWelch89 Member Posts: 49 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You need to be a bit more specific than that, what exactly do you want to do?
  • Options
    DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Computer Science Degree

Certs and Development don't go well together.
  • Options
    cdxcdx Member Posts: 186
    Most companies like to see at least a Bachelor Degree nowadays, I think an exception to that rule is if you are a skilled self taught programmer and or have programming certs.
    Bachelor of Science - Information Technology - Security
    Associate of Science - Computer Information Systems
  • Options
    yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Kind of like hiring an artist to paint a design. Best demonstration of their abilities isn't a cert but their portfolio of paintings. Best cert for a developer is their Github repo. A CS degree is nice to have.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    There are certainly certifications towards software development, if that's what you want to do. It really depends on your language/environment of choice:
    - -
    These certs aren't as highly recognized as their system or networking counterparts, so they may or may not be worth your while. If I were in your shoes, I'd decide if I wanted to be a dedicated software developer or if I wanted to go into more of a devops type of field. For the former, you're going to want to write lots of code for projects and probably go into a Computer Science program at your local university or start off at a community college. For the latter, you can start working on coding skills with projects, but also start learning a little bit about systems and networking. If you're getting into Microsoft technologies, then PowerShell and technologies like Windows Server and Azure will be the way to go. If you want to stick with open-source, then Python, Linux, and AWS is your best bet. There are also lots of other paths out there, like different networking tracks, other Linux and Microsoft technologies, and more. It all depends on what you want to do and how hard you're willing to work. None of this is going to be an easy path to a big paycheck.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.