Options

OK thoughts from here please?

tripleatriplea Member Posts: 190 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hi,

Thoughts please?

Basically I've hit a wall in my current job where I've been 1st then 2nd line for about 10 years. Theres little in the way of advancement now and the job has changed so much from my original role it feels like Ive had several new jobs in that time. I also enjoy the challenges 2nd line can bring and like the customer interaction most of the time.

Weve moved from being a small single site to and national multi site environment. Up to this point my IP addressing knowledge has been enough that its not been an issue ( basically its more likely Ive forgotten rather than do not know in most parts. ) also whilst having a decent amount of overall experience and a fairly decent working knowledge of servers, dns, ad, gpos etc ( did the 70-290 years ago ) again I can be short in a few areas as I've just not needed to do 3rd line and have had some skills erosion.

Basically our company is now quite hot on security ( also a 27001 company ) and its something Ive assisted the InfoSec team in from a technical role. The manager of that department is a CISSP and has put up to my big boss ( I'm in a production role, my team leader has the same big boss ) that I do a SSCP exam as Ive shown an interest. I also would like to do the CompTIA CSA+ ( I have SEC+ already off my own back, but its now expired, I just wanted to prove to myself at the time )

So my question is if I went to a new company would the fact that I plan to hold CSA+, Sec+ and SSCP be enough to get me a role even though my higher end technical and ip'ing may now be a bit week?

About to hit 45 next month and I see a lot more career future in security than 2nd line.

Cheers.

Comments