Options

Jericho Cloud Cube Model

ankurj.hazarikaankurj.hazarika Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
An early experience of using the external proprietary cloud form represented by Amazon SC3
has involved a combination of Perimeterised Amazon virtual servers and De-perimeterised
public data sets to create private results that are then repatriated to the Internal non-cloud
environment.

What does this mean? This is taken from the Jericho Cloud Cube Model guide.

Comments

• Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    What does this mean?
    This means that we have a run-on sentence that was written by a committee of architects and each of them wanted to show how smart they are. Geesh - what the heck. icon_rolleyes.gif

My interpretation of what the authors are trying to describe is a cloud design where data which is considered publicly available is collected and processed in a public cloud environment. But the results of that processing is than transferred into the internal non-public cloud environment presumably for storage and further processing in combination with non-public data.

Hope my explanation makes sense icon_smile.gif
  • Options
    ankurj.hazarikaankurj.hazarika Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    paul78 wrote: »
    This means that we have a run-on sentence that was written by a committee of architects and each of them wanted to show how smart they are. Geesh - what the heck. icon_rolleyes.gif

My interpretation of what the authors are trying to describe is a cloud design where data which is considered publicly available is collected and processed in a public cloud environment. But the results of that processing is than transferred into the internal non-public cloud environment presumably for storage and further processing in combination with non-public data.

Hope my explanation makes sense icon_smile.gif

Man-You nailed it. Thankyou!