PCI & bank industry certification ?

Hi,

I am not very familiar with the certifications available for the bank industry but interrested to go there. Any recommendation, ideas or advices?

Thanks!

Comments

• the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Very expensive so if your company isn't paying for it I probably wouldn't bother. PCI is pretty easy to learn.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • SeabSeab Member Posts: 127
    Okay, make sense, and of course, if I got the chance, I would go for it. What other certifications could worth it in the banking industry? To be honest I only know PCI, but I guess Mastercard and Visa could have something on their own, or any standards?
  • paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    PCI isn't a banking certification. It's for the payments - and specifically only for payment cards. Like in technology, financial services is very broad with banking only as one of the segments. Most of the certifications within financial services and it's various segments are not related to technology.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Seab, what is the goal here? Are you looking for a security role in banking? I am in the industry and from a security perspective certifications are the usual suspects, depending on the role and employer. A good way to take the market's pulse is to run your target area through Indeed or similar to see what employers are looking for. That should help you narrow down scope.