Options

What happens when I get to the A+ Center?

RZetlinRZetlin Inactive Imported Users Posts: 155
I have chosen the location of the A+ Center where I want to take the exam.

I have phoned up the A+ Center and created a profile (Name, Address, Telephone Number, etc)

What is going to happen when I get to the A+ Center?

What does the Comptia rep ask you?

Can someone please tell me their experience at arriving at the A+ Center and taking the exam?

Comments

• Options
    cheebliecheeblie Member Posts: 288
    Well, at any testing center they will ask for 2 forms of ID (one with a picture). They will also ask you to leave any cell phones with them. Other than signing some form, there really isn't much to it.

Cheeblie
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    RZetlin wrote:
    What does the Comptia rep ask you?

If you're lucky he or she will ask you if you want something to drink ;)
  • Options
    lazyartlazyart Member Posts: 483
    CompTIA rep? What CompTIA rep?

The guy at the reception desk took my name, asked for two pieces of ID (driver's license and Visa were good enough for him). I signed the NDA and was asked if I wanted to take the test now (i was 15 minutes early) or wait. I took it immediately and was done before my test was scheduled to start.

He walked me into the test room (tiny, had 6 or 8 terminals), punched in my id # and gave me the laminated note papers and a sharpie. The first few screens are more of the NDA and the test starts.

When the test ends (hopefully at 20 questions, wink-wink!) you get your score and a survey asking about how you studied, what certs you have and which you plan on acquiring in the next few months.

I went back to the reception desk, turned in my materials, got my printout and was out the door.
    I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Usually I just start panicking ... no problems, a couple shots of JD and all is good icon_wink.gif

Lazyart is about close to my experiences, except we have individual testing booths.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    RussS wrote:
    except we have individual testing booths.

icon_cool.gif ... although we usually have only 4 or 5 seats, individual sounds even better.
  • Options
    JugomugoJugomugo Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The place I went to was pretty simple... show up, told the receptionist, she set me up... very relaxed environment...

I also took classes at this business, so I was familiar with the company...
  • Options
    shpshp Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I sat my hardware exam at a Prometric testing center.The exam stopped and my score was shown on the screen. My os exam was done at a Vue testing center, the exam stopped, no score I had to fill out a form (15 minutes). I was thinking maybe this happened because I failed but Iwas very sure that I had passed, then the passing score was shown on the screen. At both testing centers I was told that the tests are one hour long while in fact they were half an hour each.
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    once you're in the exam room, the first thing you will see on the computer will be the option to do a short practise exam to let you get the feel of how the testing engine works.

most practise exam software are the same, but it gives you the chance to see how your exam will work. it will prove especially helpful when a+ exams return to traditional exam format.

i remember filling out surveys too. i think they may be at the end of the exam, not sure. the usual are you paying for the exams yourself, which exam are you taking next, blah.
    A+ Moderator