CCDP 300-320 - Advantages of route summarization to a client?

vanfaren1978vanfaren1978 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all.

I have a doubt, in some tests it says that the answer is B and D, but in others it says that it is B and E, can someone confirm it?

A network designer needs to explain the advantages of route summarization to a client. Which two options are advantages that should be included in the explanation? (Choose Two)

A. Increases security by advertising fake networks.
B. Reduces routing table size.
C. Advertises detailed routing size
D. Utilizes the routers full CPU capacity.
E. Reduces the upstream impact of a flapping interface.

Thanks.

Comments

• MitMMitM Member Posts: 622 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I like B and E
  • OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
    B is obviously right. I don't know why D would be right, considering route summarization generally is for the purpose of reducing the routing table size in places, which reduces CPU overhead. E is correct because you will always see the summary route in place as long as one prefix in the range is up. If a specific prefix in that range goes down and the router on the other side (Downstream) sees the summarized route rather than the full subset of unsummarized prefixes, then it most likely will not observe the flap, preventing recomputation. However, with summarization, the tradeoff is loss of visibility, primarily to metric and situations where a specific prefix isn't actually up but the summary route won't tell you that. There should always be a #ip route [summary route] [summary mask] null0 route to mitigate unnecessary loops at the point of summarization.
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []
  • vanfaren1978vanfaren1978 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks to everyone for the answer and explanation.