Memory is 5.6, ideas?

boxerboy1168boxerboy1168 Member Posts: 395 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello,

Memory score in Windows 7 is at 5.6... I know I'm on an older PC the motherboard went on my Asus.

Any ideas on ways I can improve that score without buying new equipment?
Currently enrolling into WGU's IT - Security Program. Working on LPIC (1,2,3) and CCNA (and S) as long term goals and preparing for the Security+ and A+ as short term goals.

Comments

• paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The WEI is kinda useless. The memory score iirc for example has artificial limits based on how much memory you have, etc - and the benchmark is a Microsoft blackbox so who knows what use-cases they are benchmarking. I've read that even the fastest memory sometimes will result in low scores. You are better off using a real benchmark like Passmark.

What exactly are you trying to do anyways? Using a benchmark specific to your use-case is usually more relevant.
  • PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I don't recommend this, but you could always hack the score. From my understanding the value is just stored in a .xml file.
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • boxerboy1168boxerboy1168 Member Posts: 395 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ahhh ok. I actually just switched slots and it's working much better now. Virtual box still crushes my usage but it's slightly better so I'll take it.
    Currently enrolling into WGU's IT - Security Program. Working on LPIC (1,2,3) and CCNA (and S) as long term goals and preparing for the Security+ and A+ as short term goals.