Options

CCNA Security 210-260 vs Cisco Cyber Ops

sharpy56sharpy56 Member Posts: 106 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi All,

As the Cisco Cyber Ops has now been out a little bit longer I was wondering if anyone has an updated reviews on the different between the two? Has any one been through both exams and can advise of the difference?

There was an older thread. Although, it hasn't been updated since 2016.

I am just wanting to confirm which will be the best path to continue down.

Regards,
Bob

Comments

• Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Pretty sure they are a lot different... I haven't taken the Cyber Ops but the CCNA Sec focuses specifically on Ciscos technologies where I believe the Cyber Ops does not. Guessing it would be a shorter list asking where they were the same.

if you work with Cisco equipment each day the CCNA Sec might be a better option, otherwise Cyber Ops.
  • Options
    scenicroutescenicroute Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Currently studying for CCNA Sec, and will be doing the CCNA Cyberops toward the end of the year. The CCNA Sec is focused more on installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Cisco security appliances in the role of a network adminstrator. CCNA Cyber Ops is for blue team type work in a security operations center: scanning for vulnerabilities, responding to threats, incident handling, etc.

If your primary focus is a job in IT security, then CCNA Cyber Ops will be much more relevant. Even though CCNA Security has the word "Security" in the title, it's really a cert aimed at network admins who need to work with security appliances.
  • Options
    jdancerjdancer Member Posts: 482 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ...CCNA Cyber Ops is for blue team type work in a security operations center: scanning for vulnerabilities, responding to threats, incident handling, etc...

Currently doing CCNA CyberOps. Definitely a blue team mentality.

The online labs are quite good for being entry-level.
  • Options
    EdificerEdificer Member Posts: 187 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm actually studying for the CCNA Cyber Ops SECFND 210-250, currently watching the video course by Omar Santos.

Does anyone have any suggestions on documentations to read in order to prepare for the exam?

Has anyone taken the CCNA Cyber Ops?

How was the 210-250 in terms of difficulty rating?
    “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” Confucius
  • Options
    trojintrojin Member Posts: 275 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Check Facebook group: Cisco Cyber Ops Study Group
    I'm just doing my job, nothing personal, sorry

xx+ certs...and I'm not counting anymore

• Options
    technogoattechnogoat Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    jdancer wrote: »
    Currently doing CCNA CyberOps. Definitely a blue team mentality.

The online labs are quite good for being entry-level.

Where are the online labs? Are they apart of netcad? I guess I have to see if my account still exists if so
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    technogoat wrote: »
    Where are the online labs? Are they apart of netcad? I guess I have to see if my account still exists if so

They are provided by a third party organization in partnership with Cisco, so they are not technically a part of Netacad.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    Hawk321Hawk321 Member Posts: 97 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CyberOPS is simple blue team knowledge. At my Sec.College, we had the focus on various topics like scanning, auditing, law, get in touch with exploits, passwords etc.
    My thesis was based on 2FA wich took me some time to figure out how to implement it in Linux with PAM ('cuz vendor wrote wrong tuts).
    Anyway, CyberOPS is the filler between Cisco Hardware and all other topics. And like everything else (almost), even when on a Cert is CISCO printed on, it means not, that you get only cisco.

For instance: My Ubiquity EdgeSwitch acts like an enhanced cisco 2960-X Switch. CLI is 95% the same, gui is superior and (what I really want to say)
    the network technology stays always the same.

But for CyberOps, you need knowledge (good one) of Linux, Windows Server and Networks in general. If you start by 0...don't try it...get the basics in coding, hardware etc.
    Degree in
    computer science, focus on IT-Security.
    CCNA R+S and CCNA CyberOPS
    LPIC-1,LPIC-2,LPIC-3: Security
    Ubiquiti: UBRSS+UBRSA
    some other certs...

• Options
    TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Look at the table of contents for the Cisco Press books...they have OS topics in there so right off that bat that's different. CCNA Security is more about configuring Cisco technology.
  • Options
    fabostrongfabostrong Member Posts: 215 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I wanted to go for Cyber Ops but each test is $300 which seems like a lot for a cert that doesn't carry much weight yet.