Options

What is your current salary ban

brewboybrewboy Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□

Comments

• Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If they want to make it a gender pay equality issue I'm all for it, make the reasoning whatever you want, in the end I'd love if they can't question your salary history. There is no reason for them to ask short of trying to offer you less money. They can argue that they need it to see if you're too expensive for their range... or... they could just post the salary range and save everyone the time and hassle.

If I know I make 100K, why should I even bother with the time for the application, phone screens, tests, first few interviews, if I know they're only capable of offering 80? They might still know my salary and think I might take the job anyway. But, if they post that the role is up to 80K, i'm not going to bother, saving both of us a lot of time.

But, what they want is for someone who makes 58K to come in, pass everything, tell them they makes 58, so they can offer them 61K, and save the rest.
  • Options
    TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Danielm7 wrote: »
    But, what they want is for someone who makes 58K to come in, pass everything, tell them they makes 58, so they can offer them 61K, and save the rest.

Anyone who accepts this is a complete fool, unless you hate were you currently working, taking a new job incurs a certain amount of risk. You could end up hating/not getting along you boss or co-workers, they may expect long hours with no additional compensation, be on call all the time, there's a lot of factors that could make switching jobs a bad move. And your going to take that kind of risk for a lousy 5% raise?
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.