Options

Best and cheapest ways to go out of state to do an IT Internship.

Hey guys I'm from Los angles/ Orange County area and I see there are more internship opportunities in other states. What are some ways to go out of state to do internship without spending a lot of money? How do I find a place to stay for the internship. Please share your tips, tricks, strategy and experience. I would love to start get as much internship as i can during my 2.5 years in college (WGU). Thank you in advance! :)

Comments

• Options
    TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Internships are usually reserved for college students, unless they drastically reduced the cost of going to college recently, I would hardly call an internship cheap experience/training.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • Options
    kalimusclekalimuscle Member Posts: 100
    Hey guys I'm from Los angles/ Orange County area and I see there are more internship opportunities in other states. What are some ways to go out of state to do internship without spending a lot of money? How do I find a place to stay for the internship. Please share your tips, tricks, strategy and experience. I would love to start get as much internship as i can during my 2.5 years in college (WGU). Thank you in advance! :)

How about you do a Google or a Linkedin search for local companies that you would like to work for.

Then find their contact detals (I prefer email) then send them a email and give them a description of who you are for an example " I am a university student studying etc etc and know this and this"

And say I am willing to volunteer for free :) - to gain some work experience.

I did this when I was starting out in my career

And it has worked well !

Best of luck !
    live, learn, grow, fail, rebuild and repeat until your heartbeat stops !
  • Options
    dialecticaldialectical Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    There should be just as much tech opportunity in OC/LA as anywhere else. But perhaps you should just try to accelerate your WGU program? If you focused on that 100% then you could graduate two years sooner than your goal. Then you could start thinking about entry level jobs rather than internships.
  • Options
    boxerboy1168boxerboy1168 Member Posts: 395 ■■■□□□□□□□
    OC/LA area is all about who you know. If you don't know anyone go to a better place.
    Currently enrolling into WGU's IT - Security Program. Working on LPIC (1,2,3) and CCNA (and S) as long term goals and preparing for the Security+ and A+ as short term goals.