Options

What should I apply for next? Currently Help Desk Tier 2

barictjbarictj Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx1BtT8b4X6lX2dBZXBxT0xGak0/view?usp=sharing
This is my resume. I am currently help desk analyst for a company that supports cash counting machines. I don't get any exposure to technologies currently used by most networking jobs. I realize that the experience I am getting on this help desk probably isn't doing me much good. I am not working with any server or networking related technology and I believe it's time to move on.
What kind of job should I apply for? I want to get more into networking. I am getting my Sec+ at the end of may, so I will have all three CompTIA certs. I was thinking NOC analyst or something.
Thanks all

Comments

• Options
    SweeceSweece Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You will never get hired in a Networking position if you spell Subnet as two words. Employers actually care about this because it looks like you don't know what you're talking about.

My advice: Get the heck out of the Help Desk Role! It's extremely difficult to break through that barrier. Do whatever it takes to get a different title. Network Analyst is not a bad idea and could push you into the Networking field.
  • Options
    Kenny23692Kenny23692 Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ya do anything you can to get off Helpdesk.
  • Options
    barictjbarictj Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I will definitely fix the Subnet into one word. Great eye! I will start applying for other jobs! Thanks guys!