Options

Bypassing the Fan Error

coldbugcoldbug Member Posts: 189
I got a ticket to solve user's HP All In One Fan. She had been pressing F1 key to bypass this error and working fine. I know it's not healthy for the computer, but she said it never shut down on her and never got overheated. What other issues can a computer get with a minor defective fan? Should I replace it or not?
Thanks
"If you want to kick the tiger in his ass, you'd better have a plan for dealing with his teeth."

Comments

• Options
    swampratswamprat Member Posts: 76 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yes. Heat shortens component life and the error is triggering for a reason. Replace the fan.
  • Options
    QueueQueue Member Posts: 174 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How much would it cost to replace an all in one devices fan? Those things don't come apart very easily. I've only looked at one for someone and recommended they get a new computer. I would tell them to back up the data and ride it out till it dies.
  • Options
    ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    Once the fan goes, there will be a very brief period of riding it out with the CPU, unless the fan is still kind of half assed working :)

I'd fix the fan, or clone drive and buy a new laptop ASAP.
  • Options
    coldbugcoldbug Member Posts: 189
    It is still under warranty so HP guy came and replaced it. I watched and learned the process. Learnt that AIO PCs are a real pain in the butt when replacing parts. After removing the back cover and the (stand holder cover which is optional if you want easy access), and the two screws the fan came out. Do not buy HP All In One 800 G1,G2 Series. They have bad reputations for fans lol.
    "If you want to kick the tiger in his ass, you'd better have a plan for dealing with his teeth."