eCPPT STARTS TODAY

Captain_DeadpoolCaptain_Deadpool Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
Starting my eCPPT studies today.

My timeline is to get it in the next 2-4 months. Keep in mind i have a fulltime job, currently in grad school for Pentesting (yes its a degree... GOVT PAID!), and an awesome family to look after...
that being said.. i wanna hit it harder than a bond rip and get this cert soon, while also maintaining the knowledge.

I have Sec+, eJPT, and a degree in IT with a focus in Infosec.. along with some years doing netowork support n stuffs.

does 2 - 4 months seem like a reasonable amount of time? looking at the PTPv4 elite coursework i received, seems pretty doable.

Please share your experiences!

Comments

• supasecuritybrosupasecuritybro Member Posts: 206 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think it is. I was a little bit delayed (read: a lot delayed) from receiving a baby boy and also getting selected for work study. Once I am done with the GPEN cert, I will go back to the eCPPT.

Good luck. Keep us posted.
    Completed: CISSP, GPEN, GWAPT, CCSA R80, eJPT, CySA+, M.S. Information Security
    Current Goal: CCSE
    Continuous Education Plan:​ AWS-SAA, OSCP, CISM
    Book/CBT/Study Material:​ Max Power
  • Captain_DeadpoolCaptain_Deadpool Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Did you already buy the ELITE package?

How is the GPEN? I'm considering it down the road, however the cost is pretty intense.
  • SaSkillerSaSkiller Member Posts: 337 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck, I hope to start cert prep for eCPPT this month.
    OSWP, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, CPT, CCENT, CompTIA Trio.
  • yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    By my estimations it is 4x the content of the eJPT. So figure 3-4X the time it took you for the eJPT.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Maybe we can do a study group???
    I was in one but some went to the OSCP or had other things to do.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    I have PTPv4 and I think 4 months is doable, 2 would be a tough stretch, but depends on how many hours a day and overall in a week you can put towards it.
    Maybe we can do a study group???
    I was in one but some went to the OSCP or had other things to do.

I still keep an eye on the Slack group so if you and Supasecuritybro go back to working on it I'll drop in there. I'll be going back to pentesting studies mid-late summer. I've got CISM on the 8th, looking to do CISA on the 31st, and then knock out PMP by June 30th. After that I can work on pentesting again.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • chazb0tchazb0t Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I managed to bang out eJPT in 2 weeks, eCPPT took me 6 months and I failed the exam the first time after getting stuck on the buffer overflow machine. The sheer amount of material compared to eJPT is a lot to get through, but I would say 4 months is doable.
  • Captain_DeadpoolCaptain_Deadpool Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    6 months? Might be better for me to set it as a get done before the end of the year goal...

To keep up on my skills, im going through a few vulnhub machines i have yet to attempt. Also going through weidman's book again.. SUCH A GREAT READ! i read it before eJPT.. now that info is much more cohesive that i've gotten hands on use of the book material..

eCPPT material dwarfs eJPT... and thats putting it nicely
    Did you already buy the ELITE package?

How is the GPEN? I'm considering it down the road, however the cost is pretty intense.

I bought the elite package since I got the discount when they released it. I am glad I did, it took a hard backseat to life. If not I would have freaked out trying to finish. I also found myself getting more involved with learning web app testing. I would try to speed it up but I found doing more research on topics has been a necessity to truly learn the concepts.

I did the GPEN bc I was selected for the work-study. I was awesome! Its a ton of information so I am working on the index to get me through the exam. I highly recommend the work-study, downfall is that you are at the mercy of getting selected.
    JoJoCal19 wrote: »
    I have PTPv4 and I think 4 months is doable, 2 would be a tough stretch, but depends on how many hours a day and overall in a week you can put towards it.

I still keep an eye on the Slack group so if you and Supasecuritybro go back to working on it I'll drop in there. I'll be going back to pentesting studies mid-late summer. I've got CISM on the 8th, looking to do CISA on the 31st, and then knock out PMP by June 30th. After that I can work on pentesting again.

I am trying to finish the GPEN by beginning of July so we can continue working on the eCPPT by then if you like!
  • nebula105nebula105 Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Starting my eCPPT studies today.

My timeline is to get it in the next 2-4 months. Keep in mind i have a fulltime job, currently in grad school for Pentesting (yes its a degree... GOVT PAID!), and an awesome family to look after...
    that being said.. i wanna hit it harder than a bond rip and get this cert soon, while also maintaining the knowledge.

I have Sec+, eJPT, and a degree in IT with a focus in Infosec.. along with some years doing netowork support n stuffs.

does 2 - 4 months seem like a reasonable amount of time? looking at the PTPv4 elite coursework i received, seems pretty doable.

Please share your experiences!

Awesome! I'm intending to start the eCPPT in June or July too.

Please, do share your own experience too :)