Options

Anyone know how to fix this OneDrive error?

Quench24Quench24 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
I repeatedly receive a "OneDrive for Business Critical Error" stating :OneDrive for Business needs to close because of a hardware or configuration problem."

Error Description: The parameter is incorrect

Using Windows 7.

Comments

• Options
    NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I found this:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_365hp-office_storage/solved-onedrive-for-business-critical-error/ac459055-0104-4dea-be24-9bc19182931e

[SOLVED] OneDrive for Business Critical Error - Unspecified error 8004005 - had to close because of hardware or configuration error

ByronSmith0
    ByronSmith0 started on May 11, 2014See post history
    Insider
    I have been having this problem all day, and I finally fixed it thanks to a couple of posts I saw elsewhere on here and adapted to my specific version and installation of Office 365 (64-bit) on Windows 8.1 (64-bit).
    cd /d "%SystemDrive%\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\office15"
    Groove.exe /clean /all
    The /clean by itself didn't work. I really needed the /all parameter, which I found in a forum search, but it was not for my version of Office. Now, I am guessing that anyone using the recommended 32-bit version of Office 365 will probably want to do this instead (just a guess, so don't get mad if it doesn't work as I don't have that particular version installed):
    cd /d "%SystemDrive%\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office 15\root\office15"
    Groove.exe /clean /all
    Hope this helps someone. It's too late for the chunk of hair I pulled out, but the rest of my head is now safe. Best wishes.
    Byron
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor